Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The End Of The West

Wretchard, at "The Belmont Club", in my blogroll, has something that everybody needs to read as soon as possible.. It is about something I have been saying, more or less, for a long time.. "Self Destruction" and what folks are willing to protect with their OWN life.. Like, family, friends, property, country, honor.. Way too many dont have anything they would lay down their life for any more.. But a bunch of folks that balk and protest at the freeing of another countries masses, from tyrants and oppressors, will do violence in our own countries streets, on the very people charged with protecting THEM !! These same protesters that advocate the submission of a home owner when a CRIMINAL breaks into their home and wants to harm their family.. The protester says that you need to make it as easy as possible for the rapist, to defile your 10 year old daughter, or the burglar that wants to take your new Big Screen that your wife bought you Christmas, or steal your car.. DONT RESIST !! They say .. Huh .. I have a little mindset about it myself.. Yep, there are differences !! See Below:

Question: How do you tell the difference between Democrats, Republicans and Rednecks?
The answer can be found by posing the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.
What do you do?.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Democrat's Answer


Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor or Oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

This is all so confusing!

I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.

Republican's Answer

BANG!
Redneck's Answer

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
*click*

Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?





It's me again now.. I got a question for ya about that above.. How many Rednecks have you seen protestin anywhere ?? How many Republicans have you seen protesting lately ?? and, how many Democrats have you seen protesting ??
Of course, I chose the Redneck, myself.. Hell, I are one !!
Ya'll really do need to read Wretchards Blog tho.. Check out the comments too.. It impressed me a lot.. He is saying the same thang as I have been sayin, but he says it a lot more gooder than me.. Know what I mean Vern ??

3 Comments:

Blogger citizen_us said...

There are several young men, warriors on leave, that I talked to over Christmas. Both were in Iraq, one in special forces, the other in artillery.

I have known them for half of their lives, and taught them how to snowboard.

They came out snowboarding. The special forces guy is going back, the artillery man has finished his tour.

They tell the story of success in Iraq. They have lived and breathed the war for more than two years.
Their friends have been killed, their lives made trivial by the US media.

They still believe in America and democracy. They volunteered to defend our homeland.

I aint so worried about the death of the west, when talking to young folks like these.

They get it, they live it, and will defend it until their very last breath.

6:38 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

But JC, how would those Warriors feel about havin to "neutralize" one of their own countrymen??
The troops of Gen. Honore in Nawlins said it was the hardest thing they ever did when they were charged with disarming the citizens of Nawlins and havin to shoot those lootin and shootin at em..
What would it be like for them to have to deal with folks like they did(and still are) in France ?? How willing would they be to enforce an order to stop a mob here in their own country ??
Back in the days of the Cold War, they had drills for the nukular missle batteries.. In those drills there were a lot of silos that didnt push the button when they were supposed to.. A BIG number didnt !! It caused a big stink ..

3:38 PM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger citizen_us said...

A looter is a looter. If its okay for me to shoot them (and it is, or should be)then i am fine with the military doing it.

People shouldn't loot and doing so only shows what a parasite people can be on society.

In my neck of the woods, somebody shoots at me, soons i have a target,
they're out.

I aint never needed to be in the military to know right from wrong, neither. I would have taken steps in nawlins to avoid being caught with my guns.

Better education about America, in schools and colleges would help to alleviate some of the bullshit we are going through now.

Every citizen of the US should know the U.S.Constitution. And what it says. It was written in plain language, the courts have twisted its "interpretation" brutally.

All you can do is teach your children to do what is right and in the interests of god and country. You can try to persuade others, but it rarely takes.

I don't mind banging my head against the wall, at the same time utilizing plan B, and C, and doing whatever one can.

The Constitution does plainly state the circumstances in which revolt are right and necessary.

Sort of rambling, i suppose. sorry, WB.

7:00 PM, January 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home