Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Wavin

Do folks wave at ya where you live ?? We got some SERIOUS wavers around here.. Ya'll know that I live on the "Drag" in town..
We got, giggle giggle, a guy in town, he he he , that HONKS at everybody he knows, and a lot he aint ever seen before.. I call him "Honky" .. I've known him for at least 35 years.. His brother Bill, and him used to pump gas at the Texaco Station at the corner by the High School, years ago...
Around here we called em a "pair" .. Mutt and Jeff, Frick and Frack, Pete and Repete .. You probably have em in your neck of the woods too..
Did I mention that Bill was a "hair lip" too ?? You'd pull up to the pumps and ol Bill would run out out and when you rolled down the window, he would ask "YOU WANT SOME GAS" !! I guess you had to be there ..
Bill and his brother Honky(his name is actually Donnie) were both in WW II and came home "shell shocked" .. Bill also had a large chunk of shrapnel in his hip, and Donnie has a plate in his head.. Bill has passed on now, but ol Honky still gets in his little red Ford and passes thru town regular.. I always try to be the first to see him and wave and holler at him.. I like ol Honky.. I can relate to him.. Imagine that .. he he he
Ol Honky aint the only friendly person we got around town tho.. A whole bunch of folks wave atcha.. Course, we got the ones that will damn near break their necks tryin to yank their head around away from ya if they see ya wave at em too..
I guess I'm one of those wavers too.. I'll be nice and friendly once or twice.. The rest is up to you ..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wild Bill , i read a blog you wrote about Sulphur LA , where you mentioned that your freinds momma, Mrs "B" lives. The lady with the trees gone from her yard but the house is OK. Mrs. Beritiech is my Mom and I was wondering how you know us. Do I know you? Leland email me at beritiech@sbcglobal.net

11:03 AM, January 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home