Sunday, December 18, 2005

Tastes Like Chicken

My Baby Girl has had a good day of Pop's cookin today.. I fixed bisquits and sawmill gravy for breakfast, and she pigged-out.. She snacked for dinner, then I fixed liver and onions smothered in brown gravy and had mashed taters with it for supper.. Usually, 1, maybe 2 bites of liver gets past her lips before the gag reflex kicks in.. Not today!! I got my plate and came in to my table, and the Mrs. was lettin her and the kids plate cool for a minute while she buttered her bisquits, and when I came in the room, the kid was eyeballing my plate, so for the hell of it I said "CHICKEN" .. The Mrs. couldnt get the plate in here fast enuff then.. Them girls wiped out the liver and onions, the mashed taters, and sopped up the gravy with the bisquits.. Looked like Miss Minnie Pearl had licked it clean.. The little one kept sayin "good stuff Pop" while she was eattin.. Makes my little heart feel good when she eats like that.. Have you tried to get YOUR kid to eat liver lately ?? Ask me real nice like, and I might give you the secret recipe !!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey glad to see ya posting more often! Keep it up.

10:55 PM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger citizen_us said...

Thats funny that your daughter calls you "Pop" My oldest son calls me that. And he is the only son living at home.

A trial, sometimes!

6:49 PM, December 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home