Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Countdown Begins

I heard on the radio today that it now is 9 weeks till Christmas.. I officially began preparations for the "season" today.. I sat out in the yard today and did the annual "crushing of the beer cans" .. Better not be anybody try to armrassle me for a while.. The crushing of metal with a BIG hammer does seem to relieve a lot of frustrations too.. I plugged in the lights around the porch(mine stay up all year long) to see how many new bulbs were gonna be needed this year, and I lucked out and dont have to change a one, yet .. Somethin about the ones on the side of the house tho.. I nearly have to put new bulbs in them every day they are on.. I didnt test them today tho cause I didnt want to spoil the moment..
The Mrs. went to garage sales today and left me by myself, so I took Miss Minnie Pearl out and tied her to a tree close to me and lit a cigar and sat and loved on her and smoked to my hearts content.. Life is good !! To top it off, the Mrs. came home with a handful of snot rags and a coupla cool t-shirts.. Just keeps gettin better ..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home