Saturday, August 06, 2005

Gateway To Texas

Thats the name of the book I have decided to read.. Its mostly a history of the county I live in here in N.E. Texas.. Amazing how so many names still ring-a-bell after more than 200 years.... The last names of many of those early settlers are still to be regularly seen in the latest local paper.. What got me interested in this book, is because this spot where my house sits, is the exaxct spot where the very first house was located in this town.. I call it a house, but was actually a small log cabin, lived in by a woman that this town was named after her husband.. She had a large garden and there was supposed to have been a treaty signed in her garden by, I think, the French and Spanish.. It was called "The Treaty of the Garden".. I wanna see if I can find the info on this treaty and history of the land I live on.. So, dont be surprised if I dont post some cool stuff about this county and this town and this property in the near future..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home