Monday, August 29, 2005

This Is All I got To Say About It

Daddy was elected in November 1068 and took office as "High Sherf" in Jan. 69. Uncle Mervin was the jailer and he had a bad habit of sneakin into the liquor cabinet and "samplin" the confiscated contents.. Daddy caught on perty quick, and Uncle Mervin and Aunt Gladys were sent packin, so me and Mama got to be the NEW JAILERS in Red River County.. Mind ya, this was when we still had a "white side" and a "colored side" to the jail, along with two "solitaries" in between of the others.. Along about this time, the Nam Vets were coming back home in bigger numbers, and some of em didnt "conform" to the communities standards of conduct.. Most of em we dealt with at the jail had been put in there for drug offenses, and some were pretty weird, but, most of em were in for petty bullshit like public intox or fightin.. One day a Vet was on his way home on the bus, and at the bus stop he decided to get out a minute and stretch his legs, and some local that was there to check out the girls that were on the bus tried to give Don a bad time.. The local happened to be one the city councilmens sons or somethin, and when Don bitch-slapped him for fuggin with him, he got about 60 days in the local jail.. Even tho Don got locked up that wadnt enough for the guy that was givin him shit at the bus stop, and he came to the jail and tauntin Don from downstairs.. I didnt like the city officials son anyway, and when he came by and fucked with Don, who I did kinda like, it didnt set well with me.. We had a big chinaberry tree out front of the jail, so I picked two sacks of berries and cut two pieces of old garden hose about a foot and a half long.. I gave one to Don and took the other to the next cell beside his and when the dickhead came back, me and Don unloaded with those chinaberries on the guy and his friend that came with with his ass..
Back then a deposit on a soda bottle was 5 cents, and I could gather up 10 bottles in no time around the old hotel a block away and the courthouse also a block away.. I'd take the bottles and sell em and buy Don a burger and fries at the corner cafe for 50 cents, and he'd have a BIG supper.. We usually just had cold sandwiches or cornbread and milk for the prisoners for supper, but not my buddy Don..
When Don got home he wrote Daddy's office and said he appreciated the way he was treated while he was here and complimented Mama's cookin.. He stopped by on his way back to Nam and spent the night at the jail.. We did that too.. Let people come and check in for the night.. Don said he didnt think he could go back to Nam without comin by and havin another one of Mrs. Maimy's burgers to hold him over till he got back.. I helped Don tote his bags to the bus stop the next day, and have never heard from him since..
I have never forgiven the dickhead that caused Don to go to jail and then harrassed him back then.. I think he finally figgered it out and still avoids me like the plague.. Damn good thang !!
I guess you all know that Cindy Sheehan is what I'm gettin at.. I know she lost a son, but she needs to quit making him into some kind of mass murderering and evil demon.. Casey Sheehan was a dedicated, courageous, noble, lover of freedom that his mother knows nothing about.. She obviously knows nothing about her own son.. She wouldnt be doing what she is doing if she did.. To dishonor her son as she is doing, is beyond all contempt. If I was alive and my mother tried to dishonor me as she is her son, then I would do all I could to distance myself from her and denounce all she is proclaiming.. Casey doesnt have that option tho.. She is taking advantage of her son's absense and taking advantage of the American peoples feelings, and not to mention the MSM's handouts of free media to blast her anti American views and Communist propaganda at the nation..
IT'S BULLSHIT !! And a real shitty way for the anti war bunch to capitalize on the anti Bush meme..
Only a very selfish person could be against someone doing what they could to make this a better world we live in.. God love Casey Sheehan for being a giver, and not a taker like his mother..

3 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Are you sure that wasn't an episode of the Andy Griffith show? ;-)

12:29 PM, August 31, 2005  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Wasnt a whole bunch of difference between here and Mayberry back then.. Wadnt long after that that it turned into Hazard County tho..

5:21 PM, August 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bill, I admitted my screw up in the Army but I did actually get to Oakland for transportation to Nam. On the way I was treated very well by some and given hotel accomidation, respect and blessings by people like yourself. (I drove from Huston) That story bothers me a little cause of what I did and I have suffered for it but have never been condemned by good people. take care

10:11 AM, September 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home