Thursday, December 22, 2005

Are We There Yet ??

Right now, somewhere in this country, is a kid in the back seat of a car sayin "are we there yet" ?? Probably gonna be thousands, maybe millions of em before the Holiday is over.. Sure glad I aint gonna be one of em.. I dont like to travel during the holidays.. Not even the 4th of July.. People are rude and hostile during holidays.. Thats just a "given".. Always have been, so why would anybody want to get out and go somewhere just to have some asshole waitin around to screw up your vacation ?? I guess its just part of the trials and tribulations of life tho.. Just not part of mine.. It has been tho, so dont go startin to think that I aint paid my dues to parenthood.. I have the scars to prove it too..
As a kid, were you ever hauled off to a relatives house, made to eat strange food, and to sleep on a (too short) couch that was usually used by their cat as a bed in a stuffy, musty room that was always way too cold ?? Taken away from your friends at a time you were all out of school and had all kinds of neat new shit to play with ?? Couldnt watch TV cause there was a never ending string of football games on the ONE set that worked ?? And every time you started out the door, Mama would yell at ya "what you doin ?? where you goin ?? you got your coat on ?? stay away from the street .. dont get dirty .." .. All the while your standin there with the door open, and someone would always yell at ya then " shut the damn door, I'm freezin" !! Like it was your fault that you had to stand there with the door open while bein interrogated..
You may have scrimped and saved for the last year to be able to buy everything beyond your kids wildest imagination, but that dont make it right for you make them miserable afterwards.. Let them just be kids.. They dont get to be kids for long anymore.. Let them enjoy it while they can.. You might find that it makes it a little easier on you too.. And THATS a good thang..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey glad to see you got that problem with the blog fixed. And that you're updating more often. Merry Christmas! hugs, Sherry

1:57 AM, December 23, 2005  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

The problems I was havin gettin my posts up was really startin to get on my nerves too.. I sure would hate for all my holiday pics to come out with me half bald..
Sure am glad to see you folks stoppin by to get a look at what My world is like.. My world is one of those that defies description.. The closest I can come to a word that describes it is "uncommon" .. I guess I should make a post about it.. I write in kind of a cynical type, with a Mark Twain style take on stuff and put it into an East Texas context.. For those without reference info to this part of the country, it may put them at a disadvantage as to some of the stuff I talk about.. The act of writng is supposed to draw on a persons imagination tho, and I tend to leave a lot of gray areas that you can run with.. For those that have no imagination, I suggest you go watch TV !! For those that like to see the other world that is out there, and have a vivid imagination, I welcome you to something that is very out of the norms, and THAT is where Wild Bill roams.. Like Texas is "A whole nuther country", well, Wild Bill's country is "a whole nuther world" .. I just hope that you all enjoy readin about it and that you come back to see what the next big adventure is gonna be here.. It never stays dull around here for very long.. You gotta admit tho, that I dont have a lot of competition out there in blog world, for the kinda stuff I write about.. Thanks to you that have stopped by, and remember, Ya'll Come Back Now, Ya Heah ..

3:24 PM, December 23, 2005  
Blogger citizen_us said...

Hell yes, WB. Your writing IS good stuff. I check in alot, and always go away smilin' when a new post is up.

I aint sayin are we there yet, tho.

tis often, "has he posted yet?"

;-) see ya later, my friend,
Merry Christmas.

7:29 PM, December 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first noticed your unique style at Redneck's Revenge and thought you were a damn dumb hick until after a couple of paragraphs when I figured out you knew what the hell you were talking about, you just had a more colorful and unusually enlightening way of putting it. Went over my head at first. My guess is you are one colorful character Bill. Been a pleasure reading your wit.

6:55 PM, December 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home