Sunday, December 25, 2005

Thank You Jesus

Today was an unequaled success at my house.. Turkey was great.. Ham was great.. All the stuff with it was great.. The kid had a great day.. The Mrs, (I think) had a great day.. So, with all my family havin a great day at my house, I had a great day too.. Life is good at Redneck Central on 12-25-05..
I got up extra early today and started the ham cookin, thinkin it would be done early and we could have a mid mornin snack of eggs and ham, but the Mrs. vetoed that idea and said to just get it ALL ready and have an early dinner then graze the rest of the day.. That kinda ruined my plans of takin it slow and easy tho.. I survived it.. I made yeast rolls and they turned out MY-T-FINE.. Almost as big as a softball too.. Man those suckers could hold a LOT of butter !!
I finished my first plate-full and went and had a power nap, then came back for round 2.. I still havent made it in there to have a big piece of spice cake with cinnamon swirls in it tho.. I'll probably make a jumbo glass of sweet milk and about half that cake disappear for my midnite snack.. In fact, you can count on it..
We had just dished up when the phone calls started.. My baby girl was gettin pissed too.. The Mrs. was screwin around on the phone, and she wanted to chow down on some broccoli w/ cheese sauce on it(her fav).. She never hesitated at anythang on the plate either.. Thats a new one too.. She usually picks out 2 or 3 thangs that she wants and that is all she is gonna eat.. She ate the candied sweet taters too today.. They were extra good today tho.. She ate a good batch of the maple and brown sugar and hickory smoked ham too.. She dont care a lot for ham, but she ate her share.. The ham was my favorite today for some reason.. It just fit my taste buds with the sweettaters.. Looks like everythang was the Mrs.'s fav !! She ate till she almost got sick, then kept goin back nibblin off her plate.. I had to threaten her with the flyswatter before she finally stopped..
Some kids close to me got new bikes this mornin.. They have made a nervous wreck out of me this afternoon.. They come around the block and onto the busy street in front of the house and never stop to look for traffic.. One looked to be about 6 years old, maybe.. It was all I could do not to go out and stop em and eat their ass out and tell em to stay off the busy street.. They were all wobbly still and fell a couple of times on the side street.. Thank God.. The bikes were actually too big for em.. Some folks just dont value their kids lives very much..
I noticed too, a coupla teenagers got new cars yesterday, and have been tryin to learn how to drive a standard shift.. Kinda reminded me of Richard Gere in the movie "Pretty Woman" ..
I'm fixin to go top off a real nice day, and have a ceegar on the porch and thank about some thangs.. I may try to call my Mama, but I know it will only bring us both down if I do.. Dont start thinkin bad about me, cause I have called her and she has called me several times the past coupla weeks.. I think it can wait till tomoro.. Then we could have coffee together in the mornin..
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good nite..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home