Saturday, April 16, 2005

Red Beer

I like the stuff.. Its like bloody mary mix, mixed with beer.. I have read that it is the original bloody mary mix.. I use a lot more Avery Island Swamp Juice in mine tho.. I like for it to leave your lips stinging after you take a drink of it.. When I was in the Service, I worked the grave shift for a year or so, and when I got off work at 8 A.M., I would come home and leave the car and walk a couple of blocks to the neighborhood bar and have a few red beers with the "pension" crowd that hung out there early in the mornings.. The ones that didnt care to go to the coffee shop in the A.M. for breakfast.. Mostly a bunch of ol military widows and some oil field widows and a few old men that had worked their wives to death trying to suppot their sorry asses, and they were all a bunch of old hides, a loveable bunch of old hides, non the less.. Ya know, if you go to one of the small town coffee shops in the morning, you see a bunch of grouchy old farts that are there to project as much misery on the other people as they can.. You go to a beer joint like I went to, and you have a bunch of old farts that want somebody to bring a little joy and variation into their day.. There were several old people that were highly political that I could get roused-up pretty good about that time.. That was around the time that Ronald Reagan had taken office.. You ever play pool for a beer-a-game, with a bunch of old people, at early morning hours, in a neighborhood bar ?? YOU BETTER BE GOOD, or have plenty of money to spend !! I have seen pool sharks come in the first thing after daylight, thinkin they had a easy beer, playin some old hide that I had tootored in pool.. I have also seen a little 80 year old woman chasin a 20-some-odd year old prick, (that didnt have enuff money for the beer), out the door with a cuestick too.. Such WAS life in West Texas about 25 years ago.. "IF YA CAINT RUN WITH THE OLD DOGS, THEN STAY UNDER THE PORCH" !! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home