Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Chili or Stew

Its been cold, damp, and rainy here the past few days, so we had canned chili yesterday and I broke down and smoked a beef rump roast for a while this morning and made stew out of it this afternnon.. I used 2 cans of Rotel in it, and a little Cajun Seasoning so it had a little bite to it.. I always use a little Avery Island Swamp Juice in my bowl too.. Everybody has been fed now, all except the chocolate cake and Blue Bell ice cream.. Gonna have to let supper settle a little bit before I have room for it tho.. I'm getting back into my routine of having a midnite snack again.. I slacked off during the winter months due to lack of exercise and the waistband of my clothes shrinking.. Its starting to look a little like Spring here now.. Fruit trees and Redbud and Dogwood trees are all blooming now.. Hell, I've already mowed the yard 3 times !! I say mowed the yard, but I really mean that I mowed the trash back out in the street where it came from.. My st augustine grass is all green and the grey and dead stuff is all but gone.. Wont be long till the wild onions will be covering the back yard.. Nasty stinkin bastards.. Speakin of.. The Democrats are talkin bout shuttin down the Senate now.. Poor old people wont be gettin their SSI checks, and the Vets wont be gettin their VA checks, and the schools wont be gettin their money either.. As if the Military doesnt have enuff trouble, them or their families wont get their checks either.. Several Senators have been on the news makin asses out of themselves lately.. But that aint nothin new.. Think I'll go get out of this wheelchair for a while and listen to the radio.. I dont know if its the wheelchair or the government, but something is givin me a pain in the ass.. Probably both.. Later..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home