Thursday, April 14, 2005

Honestly

In spite of what you hear in the news and around town, there are still good people in this world.. I guess I'm blessed with many friends and people that I know, that will help me if I need it.. A friend I met online came to visit one day, and as we sat on the front porch, my friend commented on how many people that drove by would honk and holler, or wave and smile.. Reminds me of the time I was mowing my Mom and Dad's yard, and my daughter was telling my Mom that my ex had told her that nobody liked me.. My Mom told my daughter to watch me and see how many times somebody came by and honked or waved at me.. She said it wasnt but a couple of minutes before someone stopped and talked to me for a while.. Sometimes it would take 2 or 3 times of starting the mower and mowing for a few minutes, then be stopped by someone wanting to "shoot-the-breeze" with me.. When I lost my leg a few years ago, I had a change of friends.. Not all, but most.. I found out that I had a bunch of friends that were friends because of what I could do for them.. When I wasnt able to do things for them anymore, they seemed to lose interest in me, and didnt have time to talk to me that much anymore.. I rarely ask much of my friends.. Maybe ask that if they are out riding around that they stop by and pick me up and take me with them, or if they are going to the beer store to stop by.. I NEVER borrow money from friends, NEVER want to borrow their cars or trucks, and NEVER want to spend the nite at their house.. I dont go to their house and get drunk and try to feel-up their women or kick their dog or puke on their carpet or furniture.. I might cuss their cat tho.. Did I mention that I hate cats?? Well, I do.. The Mrs. has 5 big cats and 2 have had kittens lately.. Miss Minnie Pearl, my beagle, dont like em either.. Anyway, back to the friends thang.. I just want to thank the good Lord for all the good people that He has sent my way.. May He bless them, and may He bless you too..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home