Thursday, June 28, 2007

No Amnesty

The amnesty plan finally got its just reward today and I'm havin a celebration to honor its demise.. Wanna join me ??

I'm just glad this nasty thang is behind us now but I have a sneaky suspicion that the (D)s will turn their attention to the withdrawl from Iraq now.. Sounds like the squishy (R)s are gonna be joinin em too..

I dont know for sure but I thank that the amnesty was tied to the (D)s softenin on Iraq.. We will know soon enuff now that amnesty is no longer in the spotlight.. If the (D)s come back with a vigorous attack on Iraq now we will know for sure then..

I had the best supper last nite that I can remember in a long time.. I picked a sack of white beans out of the garden and cooked em with some smoked bacon and onion in em and made a skillet of cornbread and fried a skillet of taters with onion and peppers in em.. We made pigs of ourselves on it and I wadnt the only one that enjoyed the hell out of it..

We have been pickin a shit-load of tamaters too.. We got em everywhere in the house and I plan to make a huge pot of picante soon out of em with some of my garden onions in it and a friend traded me some jalepenos from here garden for some of my tamaters to go in it too..

Mt tamaters are gonna need some work on em real soon cause I have been givin em some fertilizer and we have been havin plenty of the rain that this whole part of the state has been havin that has produced some huge tamaters and the stakes and line I have tiein em up has started to break and fall.. I'm talkin bout tamaters as big as your hand too !! Some of em weigh a pound or more..

I've also been gettin plenty of snap pintos and some green beans too but these white beans just rocked my world they were so good.. I should also be gettin some peppers soon and the squash and okry is comin along good now.. The peppers have pods on em but no blooms yet on the squash or okry..

The rest of North Texas has been gettin some heavy rains to the point of bein bad floods but we have been gettin just glancin blows from it.. Still we have had rains that came up over the street curbs and covered the yard and flooded under the house, and we live in a high spot of town.. Usually when it starts to move anywhere it moves over us before it goes on away so we could still have some trouble out of it yet..

My neighbor behind me has his drainage route piled up with shit and it is makin the water from his yard pour over into mine and it runs a foot deep or more at times.. That aint gonna happen for long tho cause I'm gonna build a dam on the fence-row to block it from comin over into my yard and all his shit he has piled back there is gonna float away down the street on the other side or back up under his house..

But so far I have had to water the garden from the well a total of 3 times now and that was a coupla months ago.. I just need it to dry enuff to get about 2 more rows tilled so I can get started on my Fall garden.. I wanna put some onion seed out and some more greens.. I may still have time to get some cucumbers started before it gets too hot to do any good.. I dont care nothin bout em but the Mrs. wants some..

I got a call from the VA the other day and they said I wadnt allowed Dental so now I gotta find my letter that says I am and get it to somebody and get back on the list for a dentist visit.. I'm still waitin to see when I'm gonna be due for my sono on my gall bladder.. Come to thank of it I aint got my meds yet either and I usually would have had em by now.. I guess I need to check on em .. I can do that online tho and aint no biggy..

I thought I was gonna get to get ALL my property taxes paid today but when I got there and talked to em I still have another bit to pay next month.. That'll just give me somethin to celebrate then since I have the amnesty plan goin down in flames to party to today.. I caint have too much fun all at one time or I couldnt stand it..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a day to celebrate, I agree! I heard the Senate switchboard shut down because of all the calls coming in!!! Hell, yes, the people made those traitors know they were pissed!!!

I'm with you on Iraq. That or they're going after the Fairness Doctrine. You know we're all just sheep and follow whatever the talk show hosts tell us to. Damn jackasses - they just don't have a clue as to how the majority of America feels.

Damn, WB, wish you could send me some of your tomatoes - sorry, I'm a Californian; we speak differently!! Our produce won't be ready yet and I sure can't wait!

Enjoy your celebration!!



Damn the yard and to hell with your rude neighbor. What a jerk.

9:14 PM, June 28, 2007  
Blogger Redneck Southern Belle said...

I'm with you on celebrating today. But I'm sure Bush ain't done yet. He's determined to cram this down our throats. I'm just wondering if his next act will be to declare martial law when the illegals start rioting because they're being so mistreated.

10:08 PM, June 28, 2007  
Blogger Greg said...

Mornin' Wild Bill - them taters sounded real good.

I don't know if I'm celebrating or not cuz now nuthin looks like gettin' done.

And somethin' needs to get done and soon.

9:21 AM, June 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home