Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The First Day Of A/C

Last week the Mrs. bought an A/C unit that is a little bigger than the one we had and I have spent the last coupla days puttin it in..

Yesterday I took out the old one and got the cage for the new one installed.. Today I got the new unit brought in and stuck in the cage and got the wirin replaced and connected..

I fired that mother up and the kid is in the other room lookin for a blanket now..

A buddy was supposed to come by and help me yesterday but he never showed, so I just did it myself.. I've got a few muscles that aint any better for the wear and tear but I'll live over it..

A nice little thunderstorm passed by real close while I was doin the major part of the hard labor and got it real nice and sticky for me and that left me kinda soggy when I went to hookin up the new wirin to the breaker box.. I dont guess I have to tell you that I was a little leary bout pokin my long sweaty fangers in there with all that voltage, but I got it did !!

I've had that damn A/C unit on my trailer since I went and got it last week and aint been able to haul my mower back to the farm so I could hook the tiller up to it and get a coupla rows ready to plant the squash and okra and pepper plants that the Mrs. picked up for me last week, so my plants have now started saggin and droopin and may not last till I can get em in the ground.. Not to mention that the damn grass is gettin so tall that it hits the front of the car drivin in..

Looks like that about the time it gets hot enuff to turn on the A/C that I'm gonna need to be spendin all my time out at the farm tryin to get it mowed and tilled and cleaned up.. But at least that will take my mind off the high-ass electricity bill, now that we got that big-ass A/C unit !!

Thank I'll just have a big frosty mug of coldbeer and a ceegar and a long soak in the tub.. Could be worse..

3 Comments:

Blogger Papa Ray said...

Yikes...you better be sitting down and have a cold beer handy when you get your electric bill.

Out here, the humidity is low enough (most of the time) that we can get by with swamp coolers.

Even then if they run all day and night, opening that electric bill can be damaging to your health.

Get you some goats and let them keep your pastures mowed. Then we'll dig a pit and give them their reward.

Take care

Papa Ray

7:31 PM, June 12, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

I compensated for the A/C by unpluggin my deep freeze in the store room and defrostin it and cleanin it and am gonna leave it off till time to start packin it full of stuff out of the garden..

Miss Minnie Pearl likes it when I defrost the freezer.. I had a bunch of deer meat out there still and cooked it and fed it to her over about a weeks time.. That was the quietest that damn dogs been in a year !! She would get her belly full and then it was nap time.. Kinda like me..

Durin the hot part of the summer that freezer runs CONSTANTLY and I figger it costs about $50 a month just for it.. Runnin the A/C a lot costs about $100 a month, so by cuttin the freezer off my bill shouldnt go up but by $50 ..

I caint believe that we are already in the middle of June and just now really needin the A/C .. We had it goin in the early part of May last year..

But the A/C in the car aint workin now and I checked the wires and fuses and it aint that.. Probably some relay fried under the dash or under the hood.. I may have to cheat and put a toggle switch on it till I can get it looked at..

8:07 PM, June 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn, WB, seems the universe is conspiring against you when it comes to artificially cooled air! We're finally getting our warm weather as well - hit 101 yesterday. If we get many more days of over 100 I'll hit the AC. Otherwise I tough it out. Hate refrigerated air! Like the idea of the savings on the freezer. I'm going to disconnect mine today!

Hope you're able to get those plants in the ground. Gosh, what a harvest you will have!

Don't forget, it's Flag Day!

7:36 AM, June 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home