Sunday, May 27, 2007

My New Flag

The Mrs. finally found me a new Stars and Stripes to put up on the front porch by where we sit.. It had new brackets and stuff so it took a little work but I got it up about noon yesterday..

Spent most of the afternnon yesterday sittin out on the porch and havin us a few coldbeers and watchin and wavin at folks passin by..

My poor old last Flag was a mess !! Wadnt much more han half of it left and even that part was perty tattered..

I've had it for maybe 20 years and it has seen me thru some terrible times and been many places with me.. I sure do hate to see it go too.. Its like losin another old friend..

If anybody else has a Flag they need to see be retired, they can also send it to these fine folks to have it treated with the respect and love it deserves:

You can retire your tattered, worn out and frayed American flags without any cost to you. Just send your flags to the Kitchen Table Gang Trust, 42922 Avenue 12, Madera, CA 93638-8866 and we will dispose of your flags in a proper and dignified manner with full honors and dignity pursuant to the United States Flag Code Section 8K (PL93-344).


Thanks to Kim du Toit for that info..

Today I've a coupla Rib-Eyes marinatin and the grill is already puffin smoke.. A salad and baked tater and garlic toast and we are gonna call it CHOW TIME !! After that it may be time for a few more coldbeers on the porch under our new Stars and Stripes.. Not as many people out and about today tho.. There was a bunch yesterday.. Couldnt tell that gas was $3 bucks and more !! Got some showers and thunder in the area today and the boaters and bikers are kinda scarce..

I guess tomoro is gonna be our day to go to the cemetary and say our Thanks to the folks out there.. I wanted to take some flowers to the Confederate Monument on our Square but taxes has eat up all my money this month.. I thought I was gonna get to pitch-a-fit not long ago.. They are re-doin our downtown and I was surprised when they didnt take down our Rebel Soldier monument.. We have a VERY HIGH percentageof Black Folks here and I sure thought thwey would get on the PC Bandwagon and try to get "Ol Reb" removed.. But even with all the blacks here we still quit a bunch of folks that still fly the Stars and Bars [ >< ].. I've never flown it tho.. If/when I get relocated out to the farm I will tho..

Time to put the steaks on so will see ya'll later.. Have a good and safe Holiday and remember those that have passed before us that gave their very lives so that we may have our FREEDOM..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some Boy Scout troops retire the flag, as well. Where I'm heading to tomorrow, we can bring our flags to the Scouts.

I've been thinking of all who have given their lives for our country these past few days. In particular, we have a fallen hero, a POW, Pfc. Anzack - although the military and the MSM do not lable it as such any longer - being honored next Friday in Torrance, CA. What his family is feeling just brings tears. Thinking about those of you brave enough, who love our country such that you would give your life, truly humbles me. God bless our military and our veterans.

4:42 PM, May 27, 2007  
Blogger Papa Ray said...

Hey WB. Sounds like you got it under control.

It's been a little out of control all day here, as Sweet Sarah and I had some family over from out of town for my oldest GrandSons High School Graduation. We had a b-b-q today cause everybody has to travel back to their places tomorrow.

I managed to fix up a midsize brisket, two racks of pork ribs, six sausages, and even some hamburgers. I bought all the sides this year, cause I just ain't feeling up to making them. I make them right and my tater salad and coleslaw and red beans are considered the best by all who have ate them.

But they had to make do with our local Alberstsons sides this year.

I got a little help on the beer side, one of my Grandson's relative on his Dad's side brought a quarter keg.

I'm not much of a beer drinker anymore, done way too much of it in my younger days.

Everybody's gone now, Sarah is washed up and put to sleep to dream her sweet dreams.

I'm pooped and sad as this time of year, I can't get my thoughts very far from my absent buds from long ago. I have to remind myself not to let it get me down as it has in the past, cause Sweet Sarah is depending on me.

But I did raise a few beers to them with our outlaw family and reminded them all that all of the good things in their lives were because of our Warriors and their sacrifice for us.

Have a good one and take care.

Papa Ray

9:53 PM, May 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx for your past service Bill. Hope you have a good weekend.

10:13 PM, May 27, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

My steaks were just TOO good.. If fact it was ALL real good.. Had a big fresh garden onion to go with it too that really set off the marinade in the steaks..

We didnt have to deal with any company tho.. Did all our visitin on the phone..

The Kid got to watch all the movies she wanted and got to pick out the ones she wanted too.. She was a happy camper today and I dont remember her even gettin grouchy once..

The Mrs. got her feet tangled up goin out the back door and crashed onto the sidewalk the other day and really messed her ankles and feet up.. Bruised and the hide off em and the whole works.. Its hasnt been but about a month since she tore her knee up.. I've been givin her grief about me gettin around better with one leg than she is with two !! They are startin to get better now in spite of her not stayin off of em and keepin em elevated.. She kept sayin it was broke, but I told that if it was broke that I was gonna have the vet put her down.. She decided they wadnt broke after all !!

Folks, no amount of grief that we inflict on ourselves is gonna change the situation, they are gone and "forever young" and nothin short of the Good Lord is change that.. But we can celebrate the time we had with em before they left..

Other peoples fate is not somethin we have any control over.. Semi-managin our own is a full time job that at times seems that all our efforts only seem to inflict a minor difference..

Just remember that Memorial Day was begun as Decoration Day, and decorations are for celebrations !!

That these folks that we are celebratin this Holiday gave their lives in the defense of Liberty and Justice For All is a far site better than those that waste away on drugs and in our prisons.. I aint gonna celebrate those people but I damn sure aint gonna grieve for em either ..

But if you have to grieve for somebody, grieve for the ones left behind that must suffer not havin their Shinin Star around anymore..

1:36 AM, May 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home