Saturday, May 19, 2007

Is It Safe To Come Out Yet ??

The details of the new immigration Act came out sometime around midnite last nite, and some folks a lot smarter than me have posted parts of it that I caint agree to.. Its still early in the game and changes can still be made before its chiseled in stone..

There are too many loopholes in it that would allow applicants to avoid disqualification from the process, thats one..

The stipulations for enhanced enforcement are weak.. Very weak, and dont have the safeguards to insure they get completed.. Still not enuff fence, and no requirement to have the fence in place before enactin the rest of it.. Thats another..

Entitlements/Benefits are bein givin WAY before they should be.. Social Security would be alloted after only 4 quarters .. Welfare would be almost instant..

As you can see, these shouldnt be big obstacules to havin an acceptable Immigration Act, but I'm sure there will be more in it that I aint gonna go for..

It does look like there are many parts of it that I can go along with tho..

I dont thank it will ever be brought up and will never get voted on.. Pelosi has already said she will only brang it up if G.W. can guarantee her the votes to pass it and right now everybody in D.C. is tryin to see just HOW FAR they can get away from G.W. ..

My guess is that the (D)s are gonna lock their feet in place and refuse to any changes in the Act and start tryin to play up the 3 Troops that have been captured in Iraq.. Iraq is their real target anyway, and they will blame the impass on G.W. like they do with everythang else.. The (D)s will take the few more Mescan votes that this attempt will get em and move on to the next thang they can screw up..

But if there aint a clause that makes it to where nothin else gets done till the fence, and I mean THE WHOLE DAMN THANG, gets built, there aint no way I'm gonna support it..

Yeah, I know.. I'm a mean sumbitch, but I'm good at it !!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wild Bill said...

Anybody else notice that AFTER G.W. came out in support of the Amnesty Bill, that the (D)s decided to approve the Troops fundin without the withdrawl and pork ??

Maybe a little bit of "BIPARTISAN" politics ?? I thank I choose to call it "BLACKMAIL" myself !!

1:55 PM, May 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If so that was one shit compromise of expedience. If that's the best he can do we need to understand that the enemy among us has more ppower than we do.

6:52 PM, May 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home