Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What A MESS !!

We loaded up and went to the farm and picked a few more tamaters just after noon today and when we got back we found the top 2/3rds(bout 40 feet) of our big peecan tree in the front yard had broke off and was all over the front yard.. It had tore down the phone lines and ripped the cable anchor out and ripped the wires out of the junction box too.. I had to get the ladder set up and get my tools and put up a new anchor and run the wire to the house and connect the wires back into the junction box..

I called the Fire Dept. and let em know that I was gonna be havin a fire in my front yard for a few days and plan to set it ablaze after the folks leave that work in the businesses close by.. No use in smokin them out..

It coulda been a lot worse like it was after the big ice storm we had in 2000 but its still bad enuff to cause me a lot of extra work that I dont need..

I had planned to go spend a coupla days at the farm and get a little more cleanin and piddlin done out there but it looks like the plan has been changed for me now..

Damn shame I dont have somethin to cook to put on that good ol peecan fire I'm gonna be havin !! I bet I have me a big ol pot or two of campfire coffee before I get thru with it.. I got me a whole box of my ceegars the other day at half price, plus 10 more free and I bet I have me a few of them suckers too !!

I started a SPECIAL batch of my homebrew yesterday too, but those details are gonna be for another post..

3 Comments:

Blogger Wild Bill said...

I've made a helluva bunch of progress on the tree clean up this afternoon and gettin ready to pop the top on a coldbeer fresh out of the freezer and go put a steak in the broiler.. I caint believe its already almost 11 PM but time flies when I'm doin somethin with fire or explosives !!

I didnt get a chance to catch the Debate tonite but Powerline said it was real good and in-fact good enuff to shame the damn (D)s !! The sad part is that my man Duncan Hunter didnt get to break out into the top tier and with Fred joinin it dont look like he is gonna get to either..

But it sounds like a bunch of people are real "iffy" about Fred and down-right disgusted with McCain and just aint gonna do it with Rudy, so there is still a chance that Hunter can shine yet..

10:57 PM, June 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the tree and the extra work! I missed the debate, as well. I'm waffling on Fred myself. Going to have to check out Hunter. McCain is a traitor in my book - don't hate me because I'm a civilian and criticizing a vet now!

Hope the beer, steak and cigar(s)were enjoyable!!

8:40 AM, June 06, 2007  
Blogger Redneck Texan said...

I'm with you Bill.....Hunter is still my 1st choice.

I hope he comes out of the early primaries a contender.

10:28 PM, June 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home