Monday, June 18, 2007

Mental Fatigue

Yeah, I know, I've been kinda scarce around here lately..

My mind is just so tired from seein all the faults and the wrong that is happenin and not bein able to do anythang about it..

Its so disgustin to see people that should know damn-well-better than do somethin the way they do yet fly headlong into it with abandon.. Its like society, as a whole, has Altzheimers !!

Even tho they have done somethin a dozen times the same way and every time it all turns to shit, they still do it the same way again and again..

Nobody seems to learn from mistakes anymore and nobody accepts advice from those that have done somethin before and nobody looks at history anymore and be-damned if there are instructions for somethin..

Did America not learn any lessons in Gulf War I ??

Did America not learn any lessons with the first Illegal Alien Amnesty ??

Did America not learn any lessons with the Iranian Hostage Crisis ??

Did America not learn any lessons from the Gas Crisis in the early '70's ??

Did Israel not learn any lessons when its enemies amassed on its borders ??

Did Russia not learn any lessons when it began The Cold War ??

Did the World not learn any lessons when the Mooselimbs began The Crusades ??

I guess I'm just stressin out on shit and maybe I need to just post some recipes for a while.. I know that I need it to stop rainin for a while so I can get to spend some time at the farm again.. But I aint gonna take any more of them hot-ass Hot Links out there with me anymore !!

3 Comments:

Blogger Papa Ray said...

Yup WB, if it keeps raining like it has been on you, you might have to go to the farm in a boat.

Here is one of my recipes to get you started.

Papa's Cabbage Stew


• 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
• 3 tablespoons butter (real)
• 2 cans (10 1/2 oz each) condensed beef broth
• 1 large head green cabbage, coarsely shredded
• 4 carrots, sliced thin or grated
• 3 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed (with skin)
• 2 stalk celery (including leaves), sliced thin
• 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
• 2 teaspoons Garlic, dried or powder
• 2 tsp salt
• 2 tsp ground black pepper
• 10 to 15 shakes hot sauce (omit if your a woosie)
• 1 to 2 lbs of polish (or your favorite) sausage- cut into 1/4 inch pieces

PREPARATION:
Cook and stir butter and onions in bottom of large pot until tender. Add everything else.

Add enough water to thoroughly cover all ingredients by 2 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and add seasonings. Cover and cook until carrots are tender.

Serve with lots of bread or crackers

Take Care

Papa Ray

10:47 AM, June 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WB - pretty discouraging times we are in, I agree. I am ready to give up and just enjoy what life we have left. Then I think of General Washington's line - Christian Americans would rather die on their feet than on their knees - and I think of our military fighting for us today, and those who made the ultimate sacrifice. There is go damn way I'm giving up. I am an American, through and through.

Our time will come next November. If we vote those assholes in again, then it's time to lock and load. I'm reading this from a lot of like-minded people.

If publishing your recipes helps you, then go for it!!!! I'm on a perpetual diet so I shall enjoy them vicariously through your blog!!!

Hope you get dry weather soon. California is in a drought again. Oh, hell, what's LA going to do without their green lawns and sparkling blue pools? Their "guest workers" or "undocumented Americans" will be out of a job. Always a silver lining!

2:10 PM, June 20, 2007  
Blogger The Old Ranter said...

Buddy,
America has a short memory, always has. Look at our war, now these boys are in the same crap. War just goes on the road I guess.

What gets me is the feel gooders who think all we got to do is pull out, bingo. No more war. Right, till we are hit again.

Makes me sick too.

Ranter

6:12 PM, June 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home