Thursday, March 15, 2007

The "Black Hats"

from here: http://powerlineblog.com/archives/017039.php


Why Do the Democrats Advocate Policies They Know To Be Dangerous?

Senate Democrats are trying to adopt a resolution that would set a deadline for withdrawal of troops from Iraq. On the Senate floor yesterday, Minority Leader Mitch McConnell quoted leading Senate Democrats who have acknolwedged, in the recent past, that setting such a deadline would be destructive and would help the terrorists. He has reproduced his speech on his web site:

Speaking at the National Press Club in 2005, my good friend the Majority Leader himself said this: "As for setting a timeline, as we learned in the Balkans, that’s not a wise decision, because it only empowers those who don’t want us there, and it doesn’t work well to do that."
Six months after that, the Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, Senator Biden, said this: "A deadline for pulling out … will only encourage our enemies to wait us out" … it would be "a Lebanon in 1985. And God knows where it goes from there." That was our friend, Joe Biden, Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

And three months later, Senator Clinton made the same point when she said, "I don’t believe it’s smart to set a date for withdrawal," said Senator Clinton. "I don’t think you should ever telegraph your intentions to the enemy so they can await you." That’s the Majority Leader, Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, and a prominent Democrat presidential candidate.

Surely Senators Reid, Biden, and Clinton have not changed their minds about who would benefit the most if we set a date certain for withdrawal. They know just as well as I do that this is what the terrorists have been waiting for — and just what our allies in Iraq, and the entire region of the world have feared.

The Washington press corps is always looking for a scandal. Most of the scandals they come up with are minor, and some, like the current flap over the firing of some U.S. Attorneys, aren't scandals at all. But how about this one? Leading Senate Democrats are advocating a policy which they have previously admitted to be dangerous to the national security of the United States. There are only two possibilities. Either the Democrats can articulate some objective conditions that have changed so drastically in the last few months that what was formerly unwise and dangerous has now become necessary, or else they are deliberately trying to undermine our security in exchange for political gain. If I were a reporter, I would be asking the Senate Democrats some hard questions.


comment: GET THE POWER, at any price, is the name of the game for the (D)s.. We are all just along for the ride now.. How we solve this is anybody's guess, and it alludes me.. Any thought I have of stoppin the destruction of our Political System and eventually our Country as a whole, is beyond the comprehension of most everybody else and can only be discussed in seclusion by only trusted souls..

I have come to the conclusion that the only thang I'm gonna be able to do, is to get my "ducks" lined up and do what I can to insure my own safety and survival.. Looks like my only option is gonna be to make the farm a sanctuary for safety and security and subsistence.. Kinda like the Mountain Folks did back-in-the-day..

I guess I'm just gonna eventually turn into one of those unsocial sunzabitches that greets everybody with a gun that comes to visit and makes their visit as unpleasant as possible so they will hurry up and leave.. I've already got a pretty good start on it !!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean our invitations have been rescinded??!!!!

I'm with you on practically giving up on our political system. Let's give the Gathering of Eagles a chance first, as well as MoveAmericaForward. They're talking about taking our country back before it's too late. The sad thing is the silent majority is just that - silent. Piss and moan about the state of affairs but stand by and do nothing. Shit, I need to get to the mountains. I'm getting as antisocial as you, WB!!!

3:33 PM, March 15, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Lord no, Cheryl.. Ya'll are welcome anytime !! But when I see somebody pull into the driveway here at home or turn into the gate at the farm, and I cringe to thank that its somebody else that just "dont get it" .. I'm tired of wastin my breath on the ones that never get the point of it and remain in their little fog that follows em around like the rain cloud that is always over Shleprock's head..

But I dont have any use for people like the (D)s and the (R)s that will sell out their own mother to be able to grab some power or position.. I dont like bein around em and it seems like I'm a damn magnet for the sunzabitches !! They are always wantin somethin from me for nothin, and when I need somethin from them, they never seem to want to help me..

I dont like bein lied to, stole from, or used, and it seems like it dont bother people anymore to do any of it.. There aint enuff truth, fairness, or honor to suit me anymore..

Like I said before: The more I'm around people, the more I love my dog !!

9:20 PM, March 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have to agree with you, WB. I've been screwed over by so many people that I've about given up on the human race!!!! My dogs are my salvation - so long as they're fed and exercised they're happy and show it! Humans could take lessons from them.

Glad the invite is still extended!!!

11:07 AM, March 16, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

I'm gettin all my shit together to maybe spend this weekend at the farm, and if Miss Minnie Pearl(my beagle) is lucky, she will get to come with me.. It'll be the first time in her life she has been more than a coupla blocks from this house.. It'll probably be as hard to get her to come back home as it will be me !!

Maybe I can harvest one of those little pigs this evenin to roast tonite while I have a few coldbeers and a ceegar.. I hope the wind stays away from the road and nobody smells it cookin or I'll have a bunch of folks wantin to come eat with me.. If they do, then they better be brangin me some good Sour Mash to drank on too !! I aint even in the mood for a bunch of free-loaders eattin up my pig.. That'd be a good way to get shot !!

If you hurry, you should be able to get here before all the good meat is gone.. And you could always drag MamaBear and PapaBear with you !!

12:30 PM, March 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like Heaven Wild Bill!!!

Chained to my job for a year and a half or so....now wouldn't you just be surprized one day when I called and said we were on a road trip to Phoenix and passing thru Texas to get there! I REALLY have always wanted to see San Antonio and The Alamo.

Could happen.

9:31 AM, March 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'm just gonna eventually turn into one of those unsocial sunzabitches that greets everybody with a gun that comes to visit and makes their visit as unpleasant as possible so they will hurry up and leave..

You musta been talkin to my relatives and neighbors.

5:59 PM, March 17, 2007  
Blogger Papa Ray said...

I don't have much here in West Texas but I enjoy and prize it. But I've been contemplating moving to somewhere there is actually water on the surface and fish in it and maybe a few trees that somebody didn't plant.

The problem is that on my limited income, and my credit that got screwed a few years back by a bankruptsy, and the high cost housing market, I don't know if I could find a place I could afford.

As much as an attachment and love I have for West Texas, I would like to be able to walk or take a very short ride to get into a boat or even fish off the bank whenever I wanted to.

The only fish we have out here are fossils from millions of years ago.

I have much invested in a "hidey hole" and it is fixed up nice, but I suppose I could do that again somewhere else. We don't have ground water problems here, so I guess I would have to get someone who knew what they were doing to dig and build the the outer walls so as to keep my powder dry.

Just a thought, most likely won't ever be able to do anything about it.

Enjoy what you got WB.

Papa Ray

11:15 AM, March 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home