Monday, February 19, 2007

Pleasure Pain

I fell off a house about 15 years ago and tore my left shoulder all to pieces and broke a bunch of bones in and around it.. I woke up today with the weather makin that damn shoulder almost unbearable.. That sumbich hurt BAD !! But bein me, I just took some aspirin and went on about my business..

Right after noon the Mrs. suggested we get out and find a back road this afternoon.. Since we have been cooped-up here in the house for the most part of a month due to the Kid bringin us a nice little cold bug home from school and passin it back and forth between us.. We had bright sunshine and warm temps but the damn wind was blowin like hell, but we didnt let it bother us much..

I found out that the land right behind my farm had recently sold and had a new owner so I wanted to go by and see what the place was lookin like now.. After we made a pass by there and saw that the place was packed with cows now and all the tractor traffic has it rutted and tracked-up, we decided to make a trip to the coldbeerstore and treat ourselves for makin it thru the worst of the bug and not killin each other over it..

My local tobacco shop closed right after the first of the year and I havent been able to find any of my favorite ceegars since, but today the coldbeerstore had some and I managed to scarf me 10 of em.. After I fixed us a good ol Soul Food supper and we ate, I went out to the picnic table and enjoyed a GOOD ceegar for a change.. I didnt realize just how much I like those thangs till tonite !!

While I was sittin out there havin my smoke, a couple of the Mrs.' kittens jumped up on the table and we played "rip the fingers" for a while.. Miss Minnie Pearl heard me out there and she aint happy about it warmin up and bein put back out in HER HOUSE.. A lady I know gave me an old couch and I put it in Pearl's house for her, and is she happy ?? NOOOOOO !! She wants to be in the house and have a midnite cookie snack and then go to bed and sleep at the foot of Dady's bed !! Picky Bitch !! ~grin!

Oh, and while we were out on our ride today, we saw an Eagle !! No Shit !! I havent seen one around here in a long LONG time..

I also found out yesterday that wild hogs have been seen out on the back of my farm lately.. They said the pigs were about 75 pounds and some hogs were as big as 250 to 300 pounds.. If I can get out there and harvest me 2 or 3 of em before it gets too warm, well, I'll have me some damn good eattin and some real good cookin stories to tell ya'll.. If ya'll are nice, maybe I'll take some pics and share em.. Say PRETTY PLEASE !!

But even in spite of the shoulder bein a bitch today, with all the other GOOD THANGS that happened, well, I guess I'll chalk this one up as a good one.. The shoulder still hurts so figger I'll take some more aspirin and climb in bed early tonite and spend a little time on the heatin pad and listen to the Professional Ranters do their thang on the radio a while..

I almost forgot to tell why my shoulder was so bad today, besides the weather.. I spent the afternoon yesterday workin on gettin my garden tiller hooked up to my ridin mower so I can get started on my garden.. Just a few finishin touches and I'll have it done and ready to turn some ground.. But the guy that was rentin my farm still has a bunch of horses on it and yesterday he told me that he caint find anywhere else to move his horses too, so looks like I'll still have to deal with em in my way.. But not for long.. I can still turn my ground and get it ready to start plantin with the horses there.. I just dont want to HAVE to, and besides, I've got some bullistics testin I want to do !!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now Bill, you leave them horses alone. It ain't their fault they belong to a stupid person. Besides, if you get to know them, they'll gladly work for you for an apple or some such. Even a beer, but that's not a good habit to start with them. Been there, done that. Got room for a little herb patch out there? I've got some cooking herb seeds coming from various places and need a nice little patch for them to grow. But with the damn gopher/mole problem here, I don't dare plant here.

1:47 AM, February 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Sherry - leave the horses alone!!! Hope your shoulder is feeling better. Sounds like your move was the right one - I'm envious!!!

8:14 AM, February 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was your preference in ceegars? Let me see what I can find you here.

10:23 PM, February 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home