Tuesday, February 13, 2007

RE-Define Conservatism, I Dont Thank So

Rush Speaks

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_021307/content/01125103.guest.html

We Shouldn't Redefine Conservatism

February 13, 2007




BEGIN TRANSCRIPT


RUSH: While I was gone, I noticed something. With all these Republican candidates for president -- you have Giuliani; you have Romney who got in today. McCain. I can't even remember them all. There's a distinct effort, there's a big move underway now to redefine conservatism in a way that fits the candidacy of one or the other of these candidates. They are conflating electability with a serious discussion of conservatism. Much of it's coming from the New York and DC elite. It reached its zenith with a column from George Will that I saw Sunday, in which there's a big swipe taken at Reaganism and that conservatives' view of Reaganism is a waste of time, that Reagan was one man at one time and never will be again.

It's a stunning, stunning piece -- and all these things together amused me, because have you ever seen liberalism wring its hands and try to redefine itself to fit one particular candidate? Liberals don't make excuses for who they are. They do their best to hide who they are, and they do their best to camouflage who they are with different names (like "progressives" or "moderates" or what have you), but they never have any serious disagreements over the fundamental principles of liberalism. Yet here we go with the people on the conservative side now trying to fit each one of these candidates into what is a conservative by redefining conservatism to fit the candidate, and this is important to me because it ought to be the other way around. If conservatives are serious about a conservative candidate, then the candidate ought to have to be conservative, not the other way around, and I see that happening.


comment: If this draws as much interest here as it did/does over at The Mountain(blogroll), then it may get busy around here !!

I'm with Rush on this and dont plan to just vote "against The Hildebeast" .. "Anybody BUT Hillary" leaves a lot to be desired, and I dont plan on settlin for less than a TRUE BLUE Conservative.. They ARE out there and if the (R)s dont wanna put em on the Ticket, then I will just forego the Election..

In NO WAY, SHAPE, or FORM am I gonna vote for "Gun Control" Rudy or "Kiss Me You Democrat Beast" John !! If thats the choices the RNC and the Delagates give me, then, I'M OUTTA THERE !!

Till then, GO TOM.. GO HUNTER !!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn, I think I need to move to your neck of the woods!! I always find myself in agreement - mostly!

10:41 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

I aint all that popular myself sometimes, Cheryl.. But most times the folks around here WILL listen to me to see what I have to say.. Most of the time they dont agree with me at first, but if they give me a chance I usually have em doin some serious thankin bout what I'm talkin bout before I'm thru..

People around here are the lazy, sheeple-type.. They have their "chosen" ones they listen to and take what they say as "gospel" and never question it or try to find out what the truth of the matter is for themselves.. Only when somebody like me comes along and counters what they have been told do they really give the subject a second thought..

There is a large number of us EX and Retired Military that tend to be in-the-know on politics and government-in-general tho.. For the most part, we are the workin, tax-payin, involved of the community, and gather and discuss current events and express our opinions and try to be informed.. Most of the rest just go-with-the-flow and take somebody elses word on matters.. They seem to not be interested and dont want to be, but dont mind bitchin bout the situations they create themselves by not gettin involved and bein informed..

Somebody will feed em a line of bullshit and they will eat it like candy, but when it all goes to hell, they raise hell and blame everybody BUT THEMSELVES for the mess that THEY made by not takin other opinions and facts into account..

Just like durin Election Season when the (D)s go around tellin everybody that the (R)s are gonna cut their Social Security Checks if they vote for them.. But when the (D)s they elect come back and raise their taxes on em(which is the same as cuttin their Social Security) they pitch-a-bitch !! But anybody that tried to tell em that before the election was a damn liar ..

Just like this last election when they RE-elected the (D) that I tried to get beat out of office.. Now our county is losin jobs like water thru a strainer because the guy is ALL FOR HIMSELF and the bigger towns around here and not for the smaller places that rely a lot more on the few we do have.. But the other people that I tried to tell em he was a "light weight" didnt listen and now they or their whole family are unemployed..

We have some pretty country around here and for the most part the people are good, just lazy and stupid !!

For the most part, its cheap to live around here and the government aint too intrusive and restrictive.. You can still have innocent fun and nobody gets bent out of shape over it.. And even tho they vote mostly liberal, we live the conservative lifestyle and fly our Flags and support the military in a big way..

Be sure to check my next post.. It kinda sums up life around here pretty good !!

1:01 PM, February 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, WB. Well, people get what they vote for, I suppose. Seems these days it doesn't matter a whit whom you vote for, you get screwed regardless! The movement in DC next month is taking off like wild fire! Perhaps the silent majority is waking up!!! I'm hoping so, anyway!

4:52 PM, February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home