Saturday, February 24, 2007

Red Horizon

I was born in Odessa Texas and I've spent enuff time in and around there in my life to know that when you see a RED HORIZON to the west, you better get ready to EAT SOME DUST !!

Well, I just took a good look to the west and saw that west Texas is comin to east Texas today !!

I already knew that we were supposed to have high winds, but didnt know which way the wind was gonna come from.. I know now..

I remember times as a kid out in Kermit that everythang would get a strange color to it and you could look west and see the sky was full of dust and it was headed your way.. That meant that time was short for playin outside and that soon you would be confined indoors till at least the next day and maybe longer..
\
I know that dust storms are somethin you take in stride in west Texas, but, I still aint got used to em here in east Texas..

And I have a big beef roast that I was gonna smoke on the cooker this evenin when it got later, but I aint now cause of the wind .. That means that I'm gonna have to get up extra early tomoro and start the damn thang so we have a good Sunday dinner.. That is if the wind has passed..

Aint no fun watchin my gotdam roof blow across the yard in pieces either!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite a sight; if it smelled like offal, I would have thought I was in Lubbock. My dear Kentucky wife thought it might be the apocolpyse.

Please let you friend know how much we appreciate his service. Someday my children will understand and appreciate it as well.

Hopefully he won't suffer too much. The few times I've been through this, I am amazed at how tough the physical and spiritual human spirit is.

Regardless we'll miss men like him.

9:15 PM, February 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home