Saturday, March 10, 2007

What's Happenin ??

So ya'll missed me, huh ?? Thanks for the message, Cheryl..

Well, I've been makin dreams come true.. I've said before that I took the farm back and was plannin on havin a nice garden out there and spendin some time there too.. The guy finally got the last of his horses moved off and I have been a busy little beaver since then..

I rigged-up my tiller to the ridin mower like a "side-car" and have got 4 rows rowed up and ready to plant, and have planted 24 tomato plants and 300 onions.. I still have 6 more tamaters and 700 onions to get out and the fertilizer applied.. After that I'm gonna start breakin 2 more rows and get ready to plant..

I've got turnip seed and some fancy onion seed to go in the ground as soon as the beds are ready.. But supposed to rain tonite so I better get to organizin..

I've been doin a little shootin while I've been out there too.. I've got the rifle sighted in good and am ready to harvest me one of those little piglets that are comin up back in the corner each evenin at 6 .. There are 2 sows that weigh about 350 for one, and 400 pounds for the other, and each one had a group of little ones around em.. I thank there are 12 little ones that are about 50 to 75 pounds.. Some lighter, some heavier.. I thank its bout time to have a pig roast !!

I've got some cleanin done around the trailer too.. First thang I cleaned was the area around the Kid's tree swing.. She loves that thang !! She had gotten so bad and bein so mean that we had to check her out of Public School last week and gonna do Home Schoolin now.. Its what I have been wantin for the last year but the Mrs. didnt want to give up her free baby sitter.. But with a change in her meds this week and plenty of time in her swing, we may be able to save The Little Darlin.. Just dont mention the word "school" around her !!

I've got a 14X65 2-bedroom house trailer at the farm that is in need of repairs and an old school bus converted in to a bunkhouse for my Deer Camp that needs cleanin too.. Its official name is "The Stabbin Cabin" .. I got jumped and my throat cut in the dark by a freaked-out Nam Vet bout 15 years ago and the place has been known by that name since..

But I'm gonna be spendin a lot of time at the farm for a while, so most of what you see here from me is gonna be about farm work and burnin gun powder.. Yeah, and coldbeer too.. I almost forgot about that..

I could sure use a hand out there if any of you are in the mood for fresh air, wild animals, Wild Bill Unleashed, and most likely, some good eatin !! MamaBear, dont E need a vacation down here in Texas for a while ?? I bet that fella has a STRONG BACK.. And Cheryl, how long has it been since you took that "hog leg" of yours out and turned it loose on a washine machine ?? And Papa Ray, your bunch and my bunch could have some fun out there too.. I'd have to add another swing so Sweet Sarah and the Kid could swing together.. Has Sweet Sarah ever got to swing on a BIG tree swing ?? I know there aint a tree tall enuff out there where you are !!

Ya'll come on down..

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wild Bill unleashed" Now I thought that was yer normal modus operandi!

Certainly sounds exciting and very exotic!!!

YES---we missed you. Sounds like yer up to some productive work. I envy you to think of tilling and planting the soil when our land up here has 6 inches of the 23 inches of snow delivered last week or so.

You make my mouth water talking of the little piglets. Honey-Baked ham here I come!

Bear's hunting cabin near Red Lake in northern Minnesota is called "the tiltin hilton" Ha Ha.
And....he does love it so.

Yes, E is in great shape. Does alot of running and is really fine tuned, very strong back.....gonna have to be.....goin back to Baghdad soon. Spring has sprung, he has found a lady love, made the road trip to consolidate the deal and hopefully the strength of tht relationship will get him thru the down side of war (please Lord, make it so). He seems happy and she is a true natural beauty with a kind heart. He is coming home in April on leave. Very hard at work training in new privates. Many times 10-12 hour days. will leave in July for some specialized leadership training as well.

Bet he would love to help if he could.....heck, so would I. Now. Wouldnt tht be the perfect world if one could just up and visit a good friend so far away. Used to live in Phoenix for a few years. Love the Southwest. Just could not permanently live there...got snow in my soul....gotta have my snow. God help me. I am 100% Norwegian ya know. Yaaaaaa sure you betcha.

Thanx for the kind offer. A man of Texas Distinction!!!

Rant on my friend. We are connected at the heart.

3:33 PM, March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way. Just reread my post above. Ever have a weird coinkidink happen in yer life.

The number 33 is a constant in my life. Happens to me all the time. Can't explain it, dont even try any more.

At Christmas even E said to me "Mom, what is it with the 33's? I wouldnt belive it but even I notice those numbers happen to you sooooo frequently."

Odd. Very odd.

Look at the time of the post above.

I always get a chuckle.

It is as if my guardian angel watches over me and gets my attention thru this device.

I always smile. AND---the hair on the nape of my neck and arms stands straight up.

Spiritual connection---deep.

3:47 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

You do have a way of rackin up those 3's !! You said once that you were gonna give the whole history behind em but I havent seen it yet.. Did I miss it somewhere else ??

So far the rain has all missed us except for a shower or 3.. That means I've lost 2 days of good weather for plantin.. Wasted.. And I need the rain to soak the seeds and plants and melt the fertilizer I put on it..

We were out on a backroad trip the other day and found where they had been fillin the planters on a big tractor with corn and had spilled a big pile of it on the road.. We stopped and gathered about 5 pounds of good treated field corn seed and brought it home to plant in my garden.. If it turns out a good crop of it, I'll trap a coupla those little pigs and feed em out with the corn I raise and save the high feed prices and get me a coupla free, fattened hogs this fall.. That is if I can keep the hogs out of my corn patch TILL then..

I just hope that E has better luck with his Love Bug bite than I have had.. My bite always managed to get infected..

5:57 PM, March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WB, I am so happy you're back!! Your getting your garden in, regaling us with tales of the farm and buildings, and enjoying cold beer and cigars just brings a smile here!!

I thank you for your invitation and hope to take you up on your offer one day!! I think it would be so much fun!!!! The offer is reciprocated should you ever be crazy enough to visit California!!!

10:28 PM, March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Mamabear, hope everything works out with your boy. Prayers are with you here.

10:29 PM, March 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home