Thursday, December 20, 2007

Redneck Held Hostage: Day 8

I miss my porch and my tree and Miss Minnie Pearl !!

I was healin right along real well till evenin before last when I did somethin stupid that has set me back a coupla days.. The Mrs. went on a shoppin spree around town and came home with her arms full and the door locked and was yellin for me to unlock it.. I couldnt get all the way to the door in my wheelchair so I got close and thought I could hop that last coupla steps.. One hop and I felt that icy cold searin hot pain run down my side under my ribs..

This is Thursday and I feel like I'm at about the stage of healin I was at Tuesday.. And I HATE it !! I guess I should know there are gonna be some set backs along the way but that dont mean I have to like it..

I had to get out and take care of my electric bill yesterday and that required a visit to the bank to do a little jugglin and then to the payment center and I made a swang by the house to collect my mail and look it over.. Everythang was in order but there was one of the cats dead in the middle of the yard.. Its just gonna have to wait till I get a little better before I can do the deed with it tho..

They must have cut thru or near my diaphram cause it has been hard to breathe since and even harder durin times of high humidity and there has been thick fog the last coupla days and a few hours of thunderstorms early this mornin..

Mostly its just depressin to sit around here with most of the windows covered and a view of not much more than a 50 foot stretch of barely traveled street.. A far cry from the hustle and bustle of my view from my house and the busy street and businesses and people walkin by all the time..

Somethin round here destroys radio reception so I aint got to hear my Talk Radio and the girls have their programs on TV most of the time but I dont give a shit bout TV anyway..

So I'm ready to get the hell outta here and back to my own house and comfort and routine and porch and tree and put these fuckin crutches back in the corner and be able to have the ease of rollin ALL around in my wheelchair and on my scooter and the love and company of Miss Minnie Pearl who dont give a shit if I get up in the middle of the nite makin noise fixin a cup of coffee and listenin to my music real loud..

I'm ready to fill my big ol 6 foot bath tub with steamin hot water and soakin my sore ol ass in it instead of tryin to see if I can at least get my whole big ol body wet in this gotdam wash tub-size thang the Mrs. has..

I LOVE my freedom at home and what I have here aint even close so if I have any more of these fuckin set backs I'm really gonna be one pissed off Redneck sunzabitch !!

5 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Southern Belle said...

I do believe you're a tad bit on the testy side of healing. Feeling well enough but the body ain't caught up to where you think it should be. Just take it easy and be patient. At least you know all the mothering is well meant. hugs, Sherry

10:09 PM, December 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WILD BILL,
YOU ARE BEING HONORED AS A HERO FOR JANUARY. I APOLOGIZE THIS TOOK SO LONG . THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE, MY FREEDOM AND YOUR SACRIFICES TO OUR COUNTRY. YOU ARE A HERO !

MERRY CHRISTMAS ,
MARNIE MOWLES
http://www.theveteransvoice.com/html

9:37 AM, December 24, 2007  
Blogger Greg said...

A Merry Christmas to you, Wild Bill. Hope you're doin ok.

Greg

5:31 AM, December 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn know you were laid up Bill. Feeling like a hostage? Never negotiate or compromise . Stay testy.

Hope your out and about real soon.

4:30 PM, December 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man oh man do I wish I had a six foot bath tub! I got a little arthritus brewin and that would be one hell of a good soak!

8:40 PM, December 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home