Saturday, August 11, 2007

I've Had A Helluva Day Here

Little nitnoid bad shit has been happenin to me all day.. Hadnt none of it been enuff to totally ruin my whole day, but after a while and after repeated failures of shit that turns small projects into major repairs to even get back to the small projects, then its enuff to really get on your fuggin nerves !!

Before I even finished my first cup of coffee this mornin the Mrs. started harpin bout goin to the garden today and kept at it every 5 or 10 minutes till I gave in, even tho I knew it was supposed to be over 100 degrees today..

So I started gettin ready to go and the battery on the mower died on me and I had to put another battery on it then a swith on my scooter went out and I had to re-wire that damn thang till I get another switch for it and then when we got to the farm this other battery went out on the mower so I had to take a battery off the scooter to put on the mower and that left me usin my crutches to get around and do anythang I had to do out there in the, did I mention that is was over 100 degrees today, heat.. The Kid is PMSin and the Mrs. is Menapausin and that was a pleasure in itself..

And then a little bit ago after we got home and I got cooled off and got online I found an article bout the Dixie Chicks at The Abilene(Texas) Reporter News and had a good super-snarky BWAHAHAHA type post all written about it and we had a fuggin power surge that knocked my puter off and blew a fuse in it and I had to tear the damn puter apart and replace the fuse, AND I lost the post bout the Dixie Chicks I had worked for about 30 minutes on..

NOW, the link to the Dixie Chicks is gone and instead I'm sittin here tellin ya'll bout how bad shit has been happenin to me today.. Did I mention that it was over 100 degrees today ?? Hell, now I'm losin my damn memory too !!

I'm gonna keep on tryin to post somethin to make it worth stoppin by here for.. Hell, I kept on wonderin if today was the 13th but that aint for a coupla more days.. Dont know if I'll make it past then or not !!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had ta chuckle reading that Bill. Does that mean your bad day cheered me up? Yup, for a minute, sorry bout that.

10:38 AM, August 12, 2007  
Blogger Papa Ray said...

WB, I mentioned getting a UPS for your computer, or at least I said good things about them. They are not that expensive, I have an APC UPS
that I have had for several years and the battery is still ok. But that might be the exception, I have heard they don't last more than about three years.

It has saved my bacon many times, that said, there is no excuse for not backing (saving as you write it) up long posts or such.

I have had several things today that convinced me that it was not going to be one of my better days. The first was stubbing my toe on one of Sarah's toys that we (she) didn't pick up last night. The second was when I discovered that we had almost no milk. The third was that after breakfast, I was feeding Sissy and was re-reminded that we were almost out of dog food..(again).

We are ready to go to the groc. store to get stuff for Sweet Sarah's swimming/b-b-que party today.

Going to be a long day...

Papa Ray

11:34 AM, August 12, 2007  
Blogger The Old Ranter said...

Keep the faith brother. It has been hotter than hell here in Arizona too. I feel for ya.

I have a battery backup surge protector that just went out during our monsoons. Darn thing is just out of its warranty too. So, I feel for ya.

Ranter

12:04 PM, August 12, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

AW hell, its always somethin and if I dwelled on it it would drive me crazy, so I might as well just laugh about it and go have another coldbeer and get over it..

But it would help if it wadnt always the same-old-shit that goes wrong .. This damn battery situation is really gettin old !!

I HAVE to have my scooter to do almost anythang outside and I'm almost as dependent on my mower too.. Neither one is worth a shit to me without good batteries on em.. And after buyin that high-dollar battery just last month I was hopin to make it another month or 2 before I had to buy any more of em, but to have 2 go out in one day really puts a strain on me..

But at least I'm tryin to get away from those Mescan Wal-Mart batteries now and gettin a more reliable brand and the place where I get em is just a block away and the manager and employees there are good friends and good folks too..

But days like yesterday are pretty much the norm for me, cept havin 2 batteries go out in one day.. I tend not to fret much over the small shit and sometimes dont even get too excited over the big shit either..

For me there is ALWAYS a bigger problem just around the next corner and if I get hung up on the littler ones then I'm less prepared for the bigger one..

And yeah, Don, even the repeat little problems can be funny at times.. Watchin other folks watch ME havin my little problems and how I react and deal with em can be a real trip sometimes.. Its really hard not to just bust out laughin at the Mrs. sometimes when she goes completely nuts when shit happens to me..

But, Papa Ray, puttin a power pack on my old puters would be like some of the booger-eatin-moh-rons that I see drivin around here with their $2000 sound systems and $5000 tires and wheels on their $100 cars !!

I'm still usin my old 1998 model Compaq runnin Windows 98 and until the thang just ups and melts on me I guess I'll keep patchin the damn thang together again when somethin happens.. Lie I say, when the power surge hit it yesterday and a FUSE(do they still make em with fuses?) blew, I looked around and found some boxes with stuff that I had from "partin out" a '66 Chevy Impala a long time ago, and got a fuse from it out and got this ol thang ginnin again.. Just caint do that with too many of these new puters !!

Sounds like Sweet Sarah got over the ear infection just in time to enjoy a little bit more of summer before those school bells start ringin again.. And a pool party with dogs and burgers sounds like a good way to do it !! Just dont forget the ear plugs to protect your hearin from all the squeels and giggles !!

1:34 PM, August 12, 2007  
Blogger Michael said...

Now that sounds like a bad day. I'm sorry all the nitpickin' stuff kept happening to you. There's nothing worse than just getting stuck doing all the little nitpickin' chores that waste your time and eat up the whole day...

Hey, at least it wasn't over a 100 degrees, or anything... That kind of heat, on top of the nitpickin' stuff, would've driven me batty!

At least things can only get better when you're at the bottom...

2:31 PM, August 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you had quite the day, WB. Hope you're able to resolve the battery problems and soon! As a woman, I cannot even imagine being under the roof with two females experiencing crazy hormonal swings at the same time!!

Stay strong! We will always be your faithful readers, so don't worry about what the hell it is you write about!!!

3:43 PM, August 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home