Friday, July 20, 2007

Stick A Fork In Me !!

I've got pink places that aint meant for me to have pink places !! I've soaked up a lot of sun the past coupla days and have slap-dab wore myself plum out..

My por pitiful garden is gonna take a lot more work to ever get it back in shape tho.. My beans and peas just flat drowned out !! So did the squash and the hogs ran thru my ties and stakes on the tamater plants and drug them all down on the ground and the rest was under about 4 feet of grass..

But I got about 4 acres of the grass pushed back and got one row ready to replant beans or peas and try to get a stand goin to have some to put in the freezer for this winter, but I may have to battle the damn grass hoppers for them now.. Wish I had a way to catch a mass of em so I could make a small fortune of sellin em for fishin bait..

Yesterday I saw a little rain shower comin off in the distance and by the time it got to me it had got to be a pretty good rain, and I got my ass soakin wet before I gave up and came to the barn.. But that cool breeze t5hat came with it sure was nice after bein toasted by the sun and I wouldnt have minded just sittin out there in it if I hadnt been afraid of lightnin hittin me..

I dont know if I'm gonna have the gumption to go out and do it again tomoro tho.. Looks like the rain is slowly creepin in on us and gonna be a high chance of us gettin wet again tomoro and the next day, so I aint countin on gettin to go out again tomoro.. But I've got it where I can get around on the scooter and my crutches now and I really need to concentrate on gettin my tamaters back up off the ground and get the stakes and ties back on em.. But as bad off as my tamaters are, they still look 100 percent better than most of the others I've seen around here.. Everybody elses I've seen have turned yellow and brown and mine are still dark green and full of small tamaters and blooms.. If I put in a days-work on em I should be back in Tamater Business !!

A damn coon(I suppose) got into my corn seed and now I have corn plants scattered all over the place and most have ears on em and are doin good.. Within a coupla weeks I should have enuff corn ready to have a big mess of Skillet Corn.. Maybe two !!

2 Comments:

Blogger Papa Ray said...

Hey WB, glad to see you out and about.

Yea, Tomatoes are hearty and can surprise you. My Sweet Sarah's dog, Sissy, has been brushing by the row of tomatoes I have and sometimes going down the row. Her tail and such give them a knock and there they go off the stakes and ties. I just re-te them and they seem to not mind too much.

My big problem is them dam tomato worms, I go out and pick them off everyday and have sprinkled some dust on them but they don't seem to mind.

But my tomatoes are large and put on leaves fast, and we and our friends have gotten so many that I am canning some to make up for the surplus.

I'm worried about my pumpkins and cantelopes, they don't seem to be growing too much...time for the Miracle Grow.

Take care..

Papa Ray

12:20 PM, July 21, 2007  
Blogger Almtnman said...

WB, we planted some corn this year that we have never planted before and like the taste of it. It's name is "Peaches and Cream" a hybrid corn. It has the best taste of any I have ever eat, both boiled and fried up in the old iron skillet. Next year, you need to buy a few of those seeds and try that brand out. We usually have planted "Silver Queen" and liked it, but this new hybrid will make your tongue beat the top of you mouth out.

Ya'll have a good day,
Almtnman

Stop by and sit a spell at:
Al Mtn Man’s

8:01 AM, July 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home