Monday, July 09, 2007

I'm Still Here

We had a coupla days break from the rain and I decided to get some thangs done that needed tendin to..

Back in 2000 when we had the big ice storm, a friend's storeroom got flattened by a tree and I let her put her shit out of it in my shop to keep till she got another storeroom built or bought..

That was 6 1/2 damn years ago and her shit is still here !! She has moved twice since then and each time she hauls more shit into my shop and each time the shit has gotten more scattered out till there wasnt any room for nothin but here shit anymore..

Well, I carried all her shit outside and threw a bunch away and reboxed some and cleaned the shop up good and then put all that was left back in.. I put it back in in the corner and crammed it tight to where I now have a useable shop..

While my shop has been stuffed with all that JUNK, my trailer has been had to be left out in the weather and now I'm gonna have to replace the boards in the bed of it.. So not only did I lose the use of 1/3 of my shop, my trailer has rotted out and I'm gonna have to buy new lumber for it.. And NO, I really dont thank my friend appreciates it either !!

But that is where I've been and what I've been doin for the last several days.. It has been hoverin around 90 here, the temp and the humidity.. So, its been a sweaty job and has sapped all my energy and gumption.. I havent even had enuff energy to post anythang after I come in.. I've worked till almost dark a coupla days and had a lot of folks stop by to talk and so it has taken a lot longer than it should have..

I've still got one corner that has a bunch of my stuff in it that I need to go thru and do somethin with but thats gonna have to wait till another time.. That plastic seat cover on my scooter has turned my sweat into some kind of acid that has left my ass R.A.W. .. And since I have Grand Jury Duty next week I have to get my butt back in shape to sit and listen to testimony for long hours without bein in pure agony..

But how much ya'll wanna bet that they call and schedule my appointment for my gall bladder test durin this next week too ??

I just wanted to stop in and let ya'll know what I was doin and brag on myself a little for all the hard work I've been doin.. I hope I get some energy back soon cause there sure is a lot of shit I wanna do some HARD RANTIN on that has been happenin lately.. Has the world just gone completely fuggin NUTS lately ??

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeppers, the world has gone stark raving mad of late.

I have the same problem here in our garage---which is huge---my brother has moved just about all his worldly posessions into our garage....and there it has sat for the last 3 years. Sez his apartment is not big enuf for all his stuff......then sell it....then give it away....to Goodwill....to the needy, whatever.

And yes, there is an Un-graciousness to it all. He called acouple of weeks ago and was bent out of shape cause an item he wanted was not in the uppermost region of my mind as to its whereabouts. Seems the longer I allow him to "use" my services the more ungrateful he becomes.

We could sure use the space for our stuff....so boy oh boy I know right where yer at! Sounds inconsiderate of yer "friend". Seems like a way to ruin a friendship--too one sided, you givin and her takin.

As for us I think we will buy some tarps and put his stuff on the cement pad behind the garage. 5 years ago he had a DWI and lost his car, his job, and his apartment. Nothing has changed since then. And as he has no car we would have to haul it for him. Bummer, can't tell ya how many times we have hauled his stuff about with not even a thank you at parting. Oh well.

At least now I know I'm not the only one with relatives/friends like tht.

1:58 AM, July 10, 2007  
Blogger Greg said...

You bet it's gone "fuggin" nuts.

I rarely need an excuse to rant and rave about stuff, so I'm havin' a ball right now.

Go right ahead and knock yourself out. We can compare notes on latest blood pressure readings.

6:55 AM, July 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for being so industrious, particularly with the temp/humidity being what it is. Good luck on getting your rear in shape for some serious sitting!!!!

I'd send a notice to her and tell her she has so many days to remove her property or you'll dispose of it. Is she so poor she cannot afford a storage unit?? I just do not understand people - family or friends - who take advantage and then have the audacity to get angry at you for not helping more!!!

Get back and rant, WB. I need to sit here and say HELL YES, he's right!!!!

The world is stark raving crazy. Goes on much longer and I will be in the same state!!!!

1:33 PM, July 10, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

My "shop" aint no small thang either.. It measures about 30 ft x 60 ft.. Its in 3 sections with an office on one end and a middle with a wide door that opens and this end that is made to be a wash rack with a big drain in the floor like a car wash bay..

This end was full of my friends stuff and half the middle has a bunch of the Mrs.'s stuff in it and the other half mine and the office part is still full of the stuff that the guy that stayed with us last year has left in there..

I still have a 14x20 storerrom between the shop and the house and a patio behind the house I use to store lumber and tools and a small garage that has been converted into Miss Minnie Pearls' house and a small room that I store my cannin stuff in like my pressure cooker and jars and a shelf with paintin materials.. I wouldnt be short on storage if it werent for other peoples shit in the way..

The Mrs. had a storeage room FULL(10x20)rented in Little Rock costin $60 bucks a month since 2001 but finally let em have the shit cause we could have used the rent we paid to replace all the stuff with new..But we didnt have any room here to bring it and store it here..

But the kicker is that the girl whose stuff I just repacked and organized has a 20x20 storeage buildin and a 3-car garage at her own house without hardly anythang in it!! And I've been tellin her for 3 years that she needed to get her shit and that I would help haul it to her house..

Her Mama and Daddy were real good friends of mine and a bunch of the stuff in my shop is stuff of theirs since they died.. I'd just throw the shit away if it wadnt for the fact that Gradma's Mantle Clock, family photo albums, Mom's china and dishes and that kinda stuff is all in it..

I dont know how people can treat thangs that have been left to em with such contempt like that.. Stuff that just caint be replaced !!

When my Mama moved into an apartment out by my stster she left me all kinds of stuff.. I cherish it !! My Daddy left me stuff.. I cherish it too.. Whether its sentimentalism or just bein old fashioned I dont know, but I'm keepin the stuff !!

When I was in the hospital and they didnt expect me to make it, my brother took Granpa's old fiddle that Daddy gave to me.. I've never forgiven my brother for that either !!

I had Granpa's old fiddle on a shelf on the wall in THIS ROOM for all to see and had other thangs that kinda made a shrine to my Daddy there.. His geetar is still hangin there and a bottle of "Old Grandad" with a label from the distiller with Daddy's name on it is there and his "Bufford Stick"(named after Bufford Pusser, Daddy was a Sheriff too) and a coupla his Bob Wills albums and his favorite walkin stick and his Mama's hurricane lamp hangin next to all that in a hanger that I got Grandma while she was still alive.. Just aint NO FUGGIN WAY that I would pile that stuff in somebody elses garage and leave it to rot !!

Shit like that is what makes me wonder bout humanity and civilization.. Bout what people VALUE, Perspective, and what people call their "MORES" ..

The fact is, is that people who disregarde and discard their past like that, leave a lot of their future in serious doubt too..

I easily admit that my past really sucks, but its MY past and I carry it with me wherever I go..

3:54 PM, July 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home