Monday, November 06, 2006

Anticipation

I tried to lay down and take a nap for a few minutes, but just couldnt get myself wound down enuff.. The pre-election jitters has me keyed-up tonite.. But it dont take a lot to get me feelin itchy tho.. I used to get like this before one of my Pee Wee Baseball games that I coached even..

I went to my VA Dr. and got some pills for it a few years ago and took em for a while, but quit em after a few months.. The damned thangs would kick me on my ass and I dont like to be like that when I sleep.. I still sleep with one eye open most of the time..

I'm kinda like the old guard dog that even when he is asleep, you can still see his ears move around at the slightest sound.. When Miss Minnie Pearl was still little, she slept in the bed with me and and when she heard somethin she would pick her head up and that would stir me awake.. I could tell by the direction she was lookin and listenin as to the whereabouts of her attention..

But I have a Parts Store a block west of me and they have a supply truck that delivers at nite.. They show up about midnite and unload and then the driver usually takes a nap till about 4, and he leaves the motor runnin, which aggravates me.. After he leaves, a supply truck delivers to the auto body shop across the street at about 5:00 or 5:30, and then they deliver to the GM dealership next door at about 6.. And the nurse behind me goes to work at 2:30 and her truck has loud pipes on it, and if she is ridin with somebody else, they just stop and honk till she comes out.. It seems that I dont ever get a full, undisturbed nites sleep anymore ..

I'm just worried about this election tho.. I dont want the (D)'s in the navigators seat.. That would be like givin a bunch of kids the keys to the car and handin em a bottle of Jack to drink while drivin around in rush hour traffic..

The victories in this war are too few and far between to piss off and pass up.. Any gains in ground we have gotten so far will be lost overnite and the incentive to make new gains will be gone..

I just hate to see my/our country go where its gonna go with the (D)'s in charge.. Its gonna make me feel like my mom is the town slut !! Thats also how a buddy of mine in the Service back in the 70's said he felt when he came back from Viet Nam..

I dont know how I'm gonna be able to handle it if our Troops come back from Iraq like that.. I just hope the "GOOD GUYS" win tomoro so that I'll never have to find out !!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have hope for our nation. I believe there is a bedrock of real live values based Americans somewhere out there.

They quietly go to work each day and are not very vocal in their political comments. They vote their values. I meet so many opinionated ppl like myself, the Iraq war seems to be the issue.

But the ppl in the middle? Those who don't express to us how they feel---they can still tell right from wrong and I think John Kerry might have pushed them right over the edge. They will vote their heart and values.

I hope and pray this is true.

However comma, watch the fiasco with the electronic method of voting (no way to recount cyber votes in a discrepancy---or those able to vote over and over on the machines)

Got my "fangers" crossed hoping for humanity.

Friends don't fail me now!!!

12:44 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

MamaBear, the (D)'s have proposed that this election is about Iraq and the Troops.. When is the last time you actually spoke face-to-face with a (D) that had any fuggin idea what Iraq was about or what was actually happenin there ??

The last few (D)'s I spoke to made comments to the effect that if we werent in Iraq and spendin all that money over there, that we would be able to spend more on welfare and programs for the poor here at home..

They had no problem with strippin our military so that they would be able to buy new THUMPERS and spinner wheels for their cars and get the government to build em a new house !!

They still dont get it that they wont be able to claim discrimination when the Arhabi come kickin in their door and takin all their shit !! There wont be any FBI investigations or ACLU and NAACP inquiries.. They thank the U.N. will come to save em.. Just like the U.N. has saved Somalia and Zaire and The Sudan and the rest of em..

The Other Side is drounin in their own idiocy !! Perpetuated by those who thirst for the power of high office.. The blind-leadin-the-blind, if you will.. No, I dont any faith in em at all.. If the trend follows its current path, the insane will be in control of the asylum before long..

And if you have seen before like I have, the only enemy the insane have are the ones in control of the asylum.. You caint control those crazies when they still have a say in how they will be controlled !! Such is America today..

And those still in the middle today, are just as loony as the rest of those in the white jackets !! They still aint figgered out how close you have to live to a crackhouse to know you live in a bad neighborhood !!

8:40 PM, November 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, our beloved country is screwed and tattooed. I cannot believe the dimwits have control.

Wish I were a drinker. The only way to survive this is to just remain drunk.

11:17 PM, November 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home