Saturday, October 28, 2006

Givin My Secrets Away

I gotta admit that fixin spare ribs in the oven would HIGHLY tarnish my Redneck reputation, but as long as I dont ever admit that I've done it, well, maybe I can escape some of the harsh words..

The trick to puttin real good ribs on the table comes from some good eye-ball work at the meat counter.. Its PORK.. Its supposed to have fat on it and in it.. Get over it.. Thats where the great flavor comes from.. The more fat, the more flavor.. I reall dont like the "bady back" .. Mostly because of the price.. 3 1/2-and-down are my choice.. Not a lot bigger, but most-times a third the price, and the flavor is better.. Think about it.. You get 3 TIMES the amount of ribs for the same price !! And it saves on that nasty Hospital visit because of people fightin over that last rib.. This is my process for generatin smiles on the faces of my family and friends..

Wash your ribs and cut em in 5 to 6 inch sections.. Put en in a big stock pot and cover with water and while its comin to a boil add
4 ounces of Kraft Honey and Hickory Smoke bbq sauce,
4 ounces of Soy Sauce,
2 ounces of Winchestire Sauce,
1- tsp of basil,
1- tsp of Seasoning Salt,
1- tsp of Cajun Seasoning
1- TSP of Louisianna Hot Sauce,
1- TSP of Cavenders Seasoning Salt,
1- heaping TSP of Roasted Garlic..

This is your tenderizing cycle here.. The longer you boil, the more tender.. Between 45 min. and an hour should be fine for good ribs.. You pretty well have to gauge by the meat shrinkin up on the ends of the bones here.. When the meat shrinks back from the end of the bones a little ways, start using a pair of tongs and wiggle the end of the biggest bone you see, and when it starts to become loose from the meat is when they are ready to take out..

Use a big bowl and put the ribs in it and put enuff bbq sauce in it to have enuff to marinade your ribs in it for a few hours, or can be done overnite.. You get to use your choice now whether you want diced onion in it or not.. Then just keep turnin em and keepin em wet with sauce..

Line cookie sheets with foil and leave the edges turned up and crowd your ribs onto it and put in an oven at 250 to 300 degrees, dependin on how big of a hurry you/the natives are in.. Every 30 minutes or so, take the ribs and dunk in the bowl of sauce again and return to the oven..

The cook has "samplin rights" so after about an hour and a half (3 dunkins in the sauce) you can sample and see if the "caramel" on the ribs is gettin close, and when they get to your likin, PIG OUT !! Just keep checkin to make sure they dont get dry..

And remember to cook lots of em, cause they are good cold, straight out of the fridge too !! Be careful with the Louisianna Hot Sauce and the Cajun Seasonin cause it can cause an over-consumption of coldbeer.. Oh, never mind !!

10 Comments:

Blogger citizen_us said...

Ya got a recipe for bean soup, WB?
Hows about chili?

I'd be interested in some recipes, for sure. Mostly a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but ifn it don't crawl away fast enough, its food.

9:11 AM, October 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn your recipes are mouth watering!!! Can't wait to try the ribs!!! Thanks for sharing with your loyal readers!!

9:58 AM, October 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah baby...just reading the recipe is delicious!!! Man O Man O Man!!!

Made some pork steak for E last nite and he sez "oh ish, take the fat off" "Honey" sez I "that's the best part".

You and I are of a like mind. And that recipe I WILL TRY!

10:20 AM, October 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to Saturday October 28th on Barking moonbats and see the brain mold for jello.....It is to "die" for. Fantastic!!

10:30 AM, October 29, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Hey H.. Lisa on the ETex Group tried a recipe for a bean soup a while back and then posted it to us.. I'll see if I can find it and bring it here.. She said it was a good one..

What kind of bean soup you lookin for ?? Black Bean, or Kidney ?? I dont do bean soup so I dont have one handy..

On that Chili tho, we use the "3-Alarm" mix and add some minced peppers to it.. I've done figgered out that its dangerous when I make it from scratch !! That shit'll hurt ya !! And the 3-Alarm is easy and its good too.. The Mrs. usually fixes the chili in this house.. But I get to do the tweekin on it..

4:47 PM, October 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, where the devil do I find Cavenders seasoning salt? Got a good laugh out of Winchestire sauce. I assume u mean worchestire sauce?

Like my husband your love for guns knows no bounds! Funny you.

10:16 AM, October 30, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Its a Greek seasonin, and is made in Harrison, Arkansas.. Its heavy on the black pepper and garlic and is wonderful added to a leaf lettuce or other salad too, and a MUST for me when I make a chicken soup or stew.. .. A sub for it would be somethin like lemmon-pepper salt with garlic added to it, but Cavenders dont have as much of a citrus taste to it..

I favor soy sauce most times over Worcester sauce.. Soy is lighter and dont as dark of a flavor.. But I pronounce it WINCHESTIRE just like some other thangs I have strange names for.. Like Miracle Whoop, Vi-eenies, O-reo's, and cookin earl..

It tickles me when the Mrs. goes to the store to get somethin I need to cook with and comes home laughin cause they made fun of her cause she had asked where somethin was and had just used the term I have called it..

I've been around folks from all kinds of parts of this country all my life.. From the Coonasses of Louisianna to the hillbillies of Tennessee to the Crackers of Georgia to the Oklahoma Indians.. Its been interestin !!

6:08 PM, October 30, 2006  
Blogger citizen_us said...

Black Bean, of course. Never ate much black beans, tho all the others.

Ifn ya had a handy recipe for that, I would be appreciative.

I tried black bean soup, about 20 years ago, didn't like it. But, this is Michigan, it aint very common around here.

9:33 PM, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK googeled it and off to the store. workin alot lately but I will get back to ya on how I like the ribs.....can't wait!!!!

1:48 PM, November 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'll be damned. There it was right at the store I frequent, right on the shelf...cavenders seasoning.

Guess I'm giving my traits away eh? That was one thing Bear knew right from the get-go. Mamabear is not very domesticated and tame. It is certainly a regret I have that I was born without the natural cooking gene. I always "read" more into the recipes. I do admire those who can just whip things up from scratch out of nowhere. Alas, it is not me. My sis is a genius at this and I admire her greatly.

Pork spareribs are $2.68 a pound here in MN. Is that what you folks pay down yonder?

I shall soon try the recipe and get back to you.

This fall I went to a friends home and pulled beets. Made pickled beets by canning them. You know the ones with cinnamon in them. Man, are they ever good. And I did all the work. Everything but grow them.

I think that one of the problems I have with cooking is that if I cook it I have a disconnect with eating it. It doesnt taste good to me....its boring. Is tht crazy or what. Altho, I have met folks who say the same thing.

Thanx for the great recipe. I hope I can succeed!!!

2:48 PM, November 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home