Friday, October 27, 2006

Whats For Supper ??

I dont know bout ya'll, but I'm just about sick of this election bullshit..

So, for the next week and a few days, I'm gonna do somethin a little different here.. I'm gonna talk about cookin and share some recipes with you.. And if you thank I rant about what the politicians do, wait till you see me get on somebody's ass for ruinin a good rib-eye !!

I've got a file full of recipes and I belong to a Yahoo Group that we have cluttered with em too.. My bookmarks are full of links to places that have some of the best food you could ever want to sink a tooth in !! FOOD.. Glorious FOOD..

I'll probably post about stuff I aint tried, but that shouldnt stop anybody from thankin bout it..

I do most of the cookin in our house, and learned a lot of my "tricks" from my Mama.. She was a VERY good cook and me bein real close to her, I liked to help her in the kitchen and cause that is where we had many long talks and shared our time together..

One thang you wont see a lot of here tho, is water cress, bean shoots and alfalfa sprouts.. You will probably see some quick and easy stuff that contains chicken and pork and the cheaper cuts and types of meats and lots of veggies.. But I warn you that the desserts are gonna be dangerous !!

If you are plannin on goin on a diet before the Turkey Day Feast, well, this is gonna be the wrong damn place to visit for a while ..

Durin the winter months when I have the woodstove fired up and kickin, I like to fix homemade rolls, bread, and pastries on it.. Aint nothin like smellin yeast breads cookin on a woodstove.. Even if you just got thru pushin back from the dinner table, when you smell it you will be hungry again..

If ya'll have questions or need a recipe for somethin, then dont be bashful, cause all you gotta do is ask.. If I dont have it handy, it wont take me long to come up with some dandies..

And with that, I'll leave you with a quote:

The ordinary arts we practice every day
at home are of more importance to the
soul than their simplicity might suggest.
~Thomas More ~

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, spamming bloggers now?

Look forward to the recipes!! I'll have to pass on the desserts, though!!!! Perpetual diet here. Being on the wrong side of 50 and single, a girl's got to watch her figure!!!!

11:14 AM, October 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea, let me think about what to pick yer brain about. I'll get back.

1:36 PM, October 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would ya pleez check yer memory store for any kindo rib recipe. Like BBQ fall off the bone ribs that ya make in the oven. Minnesota is gonna be a cold place for a BBQ outside. But I'd love to have those Texas mama ribs here this winter. What you say?

5:11 PM, October 28, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Cheryl, I've a Crystal Lite Lemonade Pie recipe that is good, so dont knock the sweets .. Not just yet anyway !! And I've got some Main Dishes that are low cal and they are still good..

And MamaBear, I've got 3 slabs of spare-ribs thawin to cook tomoro, so that recipe is fresh in my mind !!

I had my own BBQ Shop for a year before I had to sell out to settle my divorce to the EX .. I've tried my recipe on the Public, and they LOVED it.. I thank you will too..

6:19 PM, October 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home