Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Finally Some Relief

We finally had some decent rain this week and washed some dust of thangs.. We had a coupla cool days then it turned the heat on again till it got to near 90 here today.. Tonite a cool front has blown thru and the feel of the air is more than nice, its GREAT !!

I love this time of year, when there gets to be enuff chill in the air to need a jacket at nite.. Also it usually has rained enuff to be able to have an outside fire too.. I love sittin around a fire and havin a cup of strong coffee and a ceegar at nite.. Seems to set the day right.. Even if its been one of those days thats been a nitemare since I got up, that coffee and ceegar makes the so-called "civilized" world go away for a little bit and lets God's world creep back in..

I guess there has been just a little too much reality in my life this week.. The Cops got in a chase and Manhunt and they found his car across the street from my house in a parkin lot, but couldnt find him.. Been lots of gunshots up the street behind my house at nite lately too, and closer than usual.. And I've had a coupla real bad days/nights with my gall bladder again.. I'm just afraid they are gonna get too close to my house and I'm gonna get a good shot at em and then I'm gonna be in trouble.. AGAIN !! But I've done told you that I dont suffer fools well, and if they plan on playin their little games THAT close to my house, they can count on me playin too, and I dont play fair..

Thats why I'm gonna take advantage of the cool nite air here tonite and go brew me a large cup of near-cajun strength coffee with lots of cream and sugar and take a ceegar with me out on the porch or to the picnic table and rear-back and put my foot up and let life slow down a little..

The Mrs. (the Freebie Queen) got some samples for some Folgers Vanilla flavored coffee the other day.. I tried a little of that stuff and its pretty damn good.. I aint much on that flavored shit, but this is just that good.. I've tried those flavored creamers and they dont hold a candle to the real thang that Folgers has.. I thank I'll make some of that now, but I dont know its gonna go with my Peach Ceegar tho.. Guess I'll have to let ya'll know about that later..

I feel kinda bad about enjoyin a ceegar tho.. You see, Ol Ranter is gettin rid of his "butt suckin" habit and is at the 2-week mark and is havin a hard time of it.. Those Tootsie-Pop suckers are startin to get kinda ruff to maintain.. I used to make myself quit for one month a year, every year.. I did that many years till I lost my leg and then all that went out the window.. Now I just live each day like it was my last, which it almost was.. The way I look at it, is that this Thanksgivin I'll turn 6 years old.. Its been a whole new life since then.. So ya'll thank about Ol Ranter and wish him well on his new life without a cig hangin from his lips.. I'll just smoke a few extra for him .. Now I'm off to the coffee pot then the porch, and dont worry cause I'll have my S&W right there handy..

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gadzooks! You live quite the exotic life, what with vanilla flavored coffee and assorted creamers + peach ceegars + ye olde Smith and Wesson at yer side.

A man of distinctive tastes.

If ya want a good taste of coffee my specialty is Millstone Hazelnut Cream ground coffee with International Delight Hazelnut creamer. It is HEAVEN. I do so love living here in the cold North and then getting up and having that first cuppa joe.

One of the reasons I work at nite (1900-0800) is cause it takes me 3 hours to wake up. I hate to sleep (too much lost time) but I also hate to wake up. Knowing that hot coffee is waiting for me makes it easier.

Nothing better than curling up in a chair with a good book and a great cup of coffee when it is cold outside.

And a fire....AHHHHHH...a fire. E is famous for his huge bonfires. When he is home on leave there is always at least one nite reserved for his 12 foot bonfire and 10-20 friends.

I also have been known to go out in the back 40 and build a fire, have a glass of wine, and watch my two kitties play at my feet. So fun to lose yerself in the flames. Mesmerizing, Hypnotizing, and yes....we can forget, and...in these trying times we need to.

You give quite the mental picture in yer writing....can just see ya there with yer smith/wesson.

Yer not WILD BILL FER NUTTIN!!!

1:23 AM, October 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't get your rear arrested for protecting your back yard. Of course, now that you're growing up I think you'll do just fine!!!! I wish your friend well. I should quit but -- well, I don't want to!! Hope your gallbladder gets under control and you're able to enjoy more cool evenings around the fire!! I have to say, though, I like my coffee strong, as the good Lord intended it to be!!!!

8:31 AM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger citizen_us said...

ya ever had some of that fresh ground Kona coffee, Wild Bill?

I had an occasion to acquire 5 pounds of it a couple of years back. My friend flew back from Hawaii, and delivered it to my doorstep, 27 hours after it came out of the roaster.
HMMMMM, I cannot recall a better cup o' mud.

I know another crop that comes from Kona, Hawaii. Ain't never tried none of that, tho.

Seems mighty fine that even livin' in town ya get to have a bonfire.

Ain't much better in life than a fine smoke and a great cup o' coffee.

3:32 PM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

The Mrs. was born and raised in the Little Rock area and goes back to visit a coupla times a year and brings back several kinds of fresh roasted coffee..

I didnt like the hazelnut very much tho.. Tasted like it had been stirred with a pecil !! I do like the vanilla but I cut it in-half with regular to keep it from bein too overpowerin.. I just like a hint of the vanilla..

I used to go down deep in the woods and set up a camp and in the mornin when it got just light enuff to see , I could see the deer standin close by watchin me have my coffee and smokes by the fire..

Out at the farm, I have an old school bus set up under a big peecan tree and its nice to sit outside it at nite and watch the critters play in the firelight too.. Used to be a flyin squirrel that would play in the tree above me and the coons would come thru on the way from the creek to the pool (thats what we call a pond here) right by the bus.. And on full moon nights, you could see the deer graze by..

I sure do get the itch to do that kinda stuff this time of year when the leaves start turnin and the air smells different.. If I didnt know better, I'd thank I was come into RUTT !!

5:23 PM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Cheryl, the Cops here kinda let me "police" my owm area.. And they NEVER bothered us out at the farm when I'd thro some huge BBQ's and parties.. But when they have to come after ME, they usually bring the whole damn force with em, but I've never givin em any reason to.. Of all the times I've been taken to jail, and thers been a bunch, there aint even been but a few times that I've even been handcuffed..

But I'm like you too.. I dont want to quit.. I enjoy my smokes and I caint see myself stoppin doin somethin I enjoy.. When I used to quit for a month, even my Mama would go buy me a pack and TELL me to have one or else !!

I like my coffee strong too.. I put two spoons of sugar and two spoons of creamer in it tho.. Makes it kinda like a mocha latte.. I sometimes put some Nestle's Quick in my coffee when I make it too.. I thank thats my favorite way..

5:37 PM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

JC, I've had both the Kona and the Maui Wowie.. Now thats a combination thats hard to beat !! Specially if you add in a pan of fudge brownies and a toefire..

I've got a big enuff place here that it aint a problem havin a fire if I want one.. The lot next to the house on the west side is empty and there is still a lot of the concrete from the driveway and porches and foundation, so it aint like its a fire hazard.. It has hedges and trees almost all the way around where the fire is so you dont have too many gawkers drivin by goonin at you..

But evidently your sex life must be a lot better than mine if you thank there aint much better than a fire and a smoke !! snicker snicker I guess it depends on whats on fire, and whats smokin ..

6:03 PM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger citizen_us said...

Awww, Wild Bill, I gotta constantly fend off them dang girls. Married, ya know?

And you did notice i said "AINT MUCH"

Sex and snowboardin' bein 2 that are better. Now if i could just figure out how to combine em...........

6:27 PM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home