Sunday, August 13, 2006

2 Weeks Notice

Well, I've got all the stuff for my next batch of homebrew, but the sugar.. I'll get it tomoro and get it to cookin.. After cookin for about 7 to 10 days, I'll bottle it and let it cure for about a week.. MAYBE !! Of course I'm gonna have to SAMPLE it when I bottle it.. Just to make sure its gonna be alright to consume..
I'll have to make another batch before long cause half of this one will go pretty quick after my buddies find out I'm makin some again.. Every so-often, one will stop to see if I've got any ready or bottled.. The natives are gettin restless so I better get my ass in gear and get it cookin !!
I mix mine with about 2 times the alchohol content as the regular store-bought swill.. Sometimes it comes out a little stronger than double.. It dont take but about 3 longnecks of it to get you a pretty good buzz from it..
I save my whiskey bottles and have my friends save theirs too, then bottle it in those instead of washin and cleanin used dirty bottles.. Soap and cleaners give it a funky taste and ruin the experience, and bottles dont seem to be clean unless I use soap.. Lots of folks use fruit jars to bottle theirs, but those dont stand up to the pressure and if it aint got pressure it turns out flat and dont have the "umph" to it that I like.. Whiskey bottles are tuff enuff to take the pressure and I dont have to wash em either..
I like to use natural spring water to make it with, but the drought the past couple of years has dried up all the springs I like to get my water from.. Guess I'll have to suffer with usin regular tap water and boil the chemicals out of it first..
If, a coupla weeks from now, I seem to be a bit tipsy on here, well, more than usual, its probably gonna be cause I've been nippin the homebrew sauce..
Gonna be real nice to sit on the porch havin a "brew" and ceegar and watchin the world pass by in the fast lane..
I wonder what the poor folks are gonna be doin ??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you better save a bottle for us over here in Paris! hugs, Sherry

12:17 AM, August 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home