Friday, March 24, 2006

The VA Report

Had as good of a trip to the VA Hospital as could be expected.. They ran me thru all the tests and found that I have a gall stone the size of an "all day jaw breaker" and it has just about chewed up my gall bladder, but they want me to wait and take some meds for a while and see if it dont get better.. I'm perty sure they will have to take out my gall bladder before its over with tho.. The Doc says I need to stop drankin coffee too.. That is gonna be the hard part looks like, but said I could still have my coldbeer as long as I drank more water than beer !!
I had ALL good doctors and only had 1 nurse that was a fuggup.. The rest were as good as I could hope for or ask for.. They perty well kept me movin thru the system and I didnt have to keep "just sittin" waitin to see somebody.. The "blood nurse" stabbed me ONE TIME and got all the blood she needed and the x-ray machine was a new one and so was the sonagram, and the operators were a marvel at knowin their job and the equipment they operated.. And EXCEPT for "Nurse Fuggup", they were some real nice and accomodatin folks too..
On the way down there, I learned that a new road has opened and I now have 60 miles of soft, smooth, clean, 4-lane hiway to drive now instead of the other 60 miles of 2-lane, stop-go, ruff, wore-out, dirty, windy, headache to travel.. That last 15 miles into Shreveport is a real bitch tho.. They havent finished it yet and is ruff as tryin to drive across a cow pasture, and that aint good for somebody with sore guts !! I thought it was gonna be a "piece of cake" on the way down, till I got to that last 15 miles and then by the time I got to the hospital, I was sick as a dog and havin cold sweats and hurtin bad enuff to bring tears to my eyes..
The hospital was a little dirty but I was impressed with the job the folks there did.. I'm just glad I didnt try to go to the Dallas VA Hospital tho.. I have a feelin that I wouldnt be as happy about it today if I had..

1 Comments:

Blogger citizen_us said...

Gall stone, dang. I have heard they can be quite the ordeal, WB.

Glad you didn't have too bad a time of it! Glad for you, AND them.

No coffee, huh?

2:32 PM, March 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home