Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Pat On The Back

I resorted to manual labor today .. I got up on the house and added another 10 sheets of sheet metal to the roof.. I mashed the shit outta my thumb, and had to take some pain meds for it.. I hope I can make it thru this post.. I'm tryin to get stuff ready to make chicken sketti and tryin to do this at the same time.. I skinned a few leg quartes and now I gottem boilin.. Got the sketti water heatin too.. I did it witout havin a coldbeer too.. If I work hard, like I did today, I xspect ta have a coldbeer when I get done.. Sometimes even while I'm doin it too !! Even without a coldbeer it aint too bad.. Those pain meds are kickin ass.. I'll prolly have that coldbeer tomoro..
Merry St. Valentines Day to all the girl women lady female types out there.. I'm makin my Honey(the Mrs.) chicken sketti for somethin special that she likes.. Nah, I dont do cards, flowers and all that shit.. Anybody with an extra 50 bucks in his pocket can do that.. I do somethin special for her.. You gotta understand that my chicken skeeti is a real big pain in the ass to make, but well worth it as long as you dont have to make it yourself.. Broccoli cornbread goes real good with it.. REAL good !! My sketti and cornbread is too good to call a meal.. Its more like desert for the main course.. The Mrs. is happy with it, so I got myself covered..
I bet I wind up deletin this post tho.. Aint really makin a lot of sense is it ??

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It made perfectly good sense even if you seemed a little -- well, higher than a kite! What a wonderful present to give your wife. Just hope you didn't confuse the ingredients!!!!!

9:53 PM, February 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about sharing that Brocolli Cornbread recipe.

3:41 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger citizen_us said...

dang, bill. where did you go, man?

6:51 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Here Ya Go !!

Broccoli Cornbread

2-pkgs cornbread mix

1/2 cup melted butter or margarine

4 eggs

1/2 cup chopped onion

3/4 cup cottage cheese

1-10 oz box chopped/frozen broccoli (thawed)

Preheat oven to 350

Combine cornbread mix, butter, and onion and mix well.. Beat eggs and add to mixture.. Stir in broccoli.. LAST, fold in cottage cheese and bake in a 10to12 inch cast-iron skillet if ya got it, or a 13x9 cake pan if ya dont.. Skillet makes it a little crispier !! 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the skillet, before addin cornbread mixture is a good PLUS too.. Bake 30 to 35 minutes..

You can also add chopped celery, Cavender's Seasoning, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning according to what you are havin the cornbread with.. Add celery to it if you are havin it with chicken or turkey.. Garlic and Cavender's if you are havin it with Greens.. Cajun Seasonin if you are havin it with beans or peas.. You get the idea !! After a few times of makin it, you can get a feel to what kinda taste you like with which other food.. The recipe at the top is kinda bland, so you may want to "doctor" it to your tastes, but makes a damn good treat as-is when you eat it by itself.. Kinda like cake.. I caint remember ever havin to thro any out to the birds from THIS house !!

3:42 PM, February 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill you mentioned that you smashed your thumb and was having trouble finishing the post. Hey Bill, quit typin with your thumbs!

9:31 PM, March 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home