Thursday, March 09, 2006

I've Had A Gutfull !!

Ya might wanna skip this one cause its more for me than you..

I just need to vent some steam..
The Kid has been sick for the last week and everythang I have tried to do for her has been met with a big fuggin NO from her Mama.. After a week of NO NO NO and NO, I finally gave up and quit tryin today.. Late today the Mrs. was almost in tears and yelled "I have a sick kid and nobody gives a fuck" !!
Lots of folks give a fuck, but aint that many that want to fight their way thru a rabid pitbull just to save a drowning kitten.. MOSTLY, against the wishes of the Mrs. , I have rocked, held, snuggled, cooked, played music, kept track of med times, and suggested everythang I could thank of to make the Kid comfortable and happy.. For the last week I have been told NO so many fuckin times that today when the Mrs. would ask my opinion about somethin, I would just look at her .. For the last week when she would ask my opinion, I would be lucky to get a thought out of my mouth before she started sayin NO !! If she aint even gonna consider what I have to say, then why does she even gotdam ask me ??
This is a perfectly good example of why stepdads often act the way they do.. Stepdads are commonly pushed into the corner when it comes to dealin with their stepkids.. Step MOMS get the same treatment, if not worse!! Grandparents are usually just fucked when it comes to this situation tho.. MOM IS ALWAYS RIGHT, and if the kid has to die to prove it, so be it !! But the stepdad gets the blame for it tho cause he didnt scream loud enuff !! Sorry, but I aint much of a screamer .. I can RANT with the best of em, but I aint bout to try and get between a mother and her sick child !! The Kid gets well and I thank me and the Mrs. is gonna have to have a little talk tho !! I really dont thank its gonna do much good.. She has too much Liberal Dimmocrat in her blood and those folks dont pay much attainchen to us Conservatives anyway !! About this time, some would just say that they dont give a shit and that its her Mama's problem, but I'm different I guess.. Me and the Kid have a special bond with each other.. She is austistic and I'm crippled.. We understand that we both have our limitations and we dont fault each other for it..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there. She's just frustrated because the doctors can't pinpoint the problem. And yes, I agree, your instincts are in the right place. It's just she's done in on her own for so long, that now she has you, it's hard to let go of control. Like you said, after things settle down, you should talk about this. Cause I know how much you love that brat! hugs, Sherry

7:58 PM, March 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Sherry. Sounds like you're both upset over this special child being sick and are frustrated, as most would, when all your efforts aren't helping. You definitely need to talk with your wife.

1:29 PM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Thats easy for you to say !! Talks ?? We usually just have arguments.. We start out tryin to have a talk, but when she is the one doin the talkin and I only get to listen and dont get to talk, then I lose interest in talkin real quick..
When somebody asks for my thoughts, I expect em to STFU and listen to me, and not interrupt me before I have a chance to even get the first word out of my mouth !!
I seem to get my thoughts across to the Mrs. better with my expressions than with words.. I've been known to back-down a hackles-up rotweiller with my stare !!
I've had way too much dealins with doctors, and have a good idea when they are more interested in their gotdam golf swing, cross-polinatin their roses, or schedulin their cruise to Cancun, than they are of their patients best interest.. Their minds may be on somethin else, but mine aint !! There are simple thangs that should be done before a doctor goes to more complicated and intrusive measures.. Specially with a mentally deficient CHILD !! The Kid doesnt have the faculties to say that her throat is hurtin, or her ear or tummy and you to really count on her tellin you that is the problem and that is where you should look to solve her problem.. If she tells you her tummy is hurtin, it may be menstrual cramps, or she may be about to puke in your lap !! If she tells you her head hurts, she may have a allergy headache or it may be an ear infection..
The Kid has heart, liver, brain, and kidney tumors, and I really get nervous when the Docs prescribe lots of meds to give her.. She takes a handfull 3-times-a-day as it is, and when you tack-on a shit-load more I start to get edgy about it, considerin her liver, heart and kidney condition.. I've just seen too many folks that have been MEDICATED to death !! Thats preventable and I aint gonna stand by and let em do it to the Kid !! I aint !!
Talks are good for folks that dont have time to have regular conversations and who put off some topics due to "sensitivity".. I call that bullshit !! People that care for each other should be able to get their points across to each other in normal, passing conversations.. You shouldnt have to have a called meeting to talk about matters unless you need to have referee between you !!
But if you thank I havent already raised some hell about bein blown-off, you are wrong wrong wrong..

3:04 PM, March 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home