Sunday, March 12, 2006

Another Sunday In The South

Looks like the Kid may live after all, but I dont thank its all over with yet..

Nice weather so far today, but just a little windy.. I may see if I can talk the Mrs. into us takin a Sunday Drive down some backroads today and look at some of the trees and flowers bloomin and maybe stop and pick up a coldbeer or 30..
Well, that idea just got shot down.. Looks like I get to spend the afternoon fixin my FAMOUS basketti for supper !! I make some KILLER sketti tho.. It takes several hours to get it like I like it.. I use lots of diced tamaters and onions and simmer em a long long time.. We got a big loaf of garlic butter french bread to go with it.. It aint as good as my homemade garlic toast, but I guess it'll do..
I've got enuff Sour Mash left to get a little buzz while I'm cookin and I plan to have some good ol Country Tunes playin as loud as the Mrs. will let me get by with.. I plan on listenin to some Skynyrd too, since they are gonna be inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame tomoro..
Guess I better get started slicin and dicin, choppin and moppin, drankin and thankin !!

9 Comments:

Blogger citizen_us said...

Sounds like the youngster is mending, you are sounding a bit more mellow, and the weather is good.

Are ya still lacking for rain? I aint been paying much attention that way as the snow season winds down. When the weather gets warmer, the lessons go up, but the crowd goes down. Go figure!

Some snow comin' in tomorrow, but I am ready to be done, dammit.

Plumb-tuckered.

have a fun time cookin up that sketti, WB

4:55 PM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Are ya still lacking for rain?

Well the cracks in the ground are starting to close up, and the ponds have a little water in them, but we still need about a foot of rain to fill them up before Summer comes around again.

I just killed my first snake of the year......enjoy your snow.

8:22 AM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Still gonna take a lot of rain to make up for what we have missed in the last year.. I have got some green stuff growin in the yard now.. My pool at the farm dont have an island in the middle of it anymore either.. The guy that has the farm leased was ridin his 4-wheeler across the middle of it a couple of weeks ago, but that part is back under water again now.. My pool never has gone dry, but this year was the lowest I have ever seen it..
Our municipal water supply still has us on water rationing too.. Outdoor burnin is still banned..
The pastures are still full of cows tryin to find a nibble of grass but most of it is bare ground, and the roadsides are gettin green and the cows and horses are breakin out of the fences and grazin the hiways which leads to folks hittin one at nite on the raods.. Gettin real dangerous to travel at nite anymore.. Some of these big bulls they got here are the size of a Toyota or small car too !!

2:14 PM, March 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know "our brat" is mending, albeit slowly. Was beginning to wonder if I needed to come drag mama off for a few hours and let you get some docctoring/pampering time in. hugs, Sherry

5:32 PM, March 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn Bill, I didn't come here so you could make me hungry, for crying out loud. NO problim though, I got a can of speghettii-o's.

3:19 PM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger citizen_us said...

awww, come on, WB.

no comment on the new look?

dangit, i thought sure you would say somethin' whether good or bad. if it is too much, i will change it back.

it is thong thursday, tho.

5:35 PM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Not THAT was a turd-floater.

All my ponds are overflowing, my driveway looks like a riverbed, and its still raining.

7:56 PM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger citizen_us said...

Looks like you got more coming, if the forecast is right.

Do ya get much severe weather that way? I know you are in or on the edge of, tornado alley.

Today IS the first day of spring. Still cold as hell here.

6:14 AM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Redneck Texan said...

I guess we get our share of rough weather, but I personally have never seen a Tornado up close....I hope to keep it that way.

10:19 AM, March 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home