Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sweet Thangs And Loose Nuts

Rainin Peecans

I'm startin to get some real pretty colors on the trees in the view from my livinroom window.. I bet there is a sweet color display from the treeline out at the farm at sunrise and sunset too..

The trees are losin a lot of leaves too and I have been havin to mulch and use the mower to blow em up into piles for burnin.. The wind has really been kickin up too and its been quite a bit cooler.. Cool enuff to have kept the wood stove burnin all day and nite..

And the peecans have been fallin pretty heavy and we have collected a good batch of em and I have been crackin and pickin em out and gettin ready to have some brownies and fudge soon.. Might just mix up a batch of bannana nut bread too.. It goes good with mornin coffee..

I've been on the verge of comin down with an ear infection and been stayin inside mostly and pamperin my ear and its now on the way out and soon I should be over it.. I really dont wanna get somethin thats gonna delay my gettin my gall bladder out next week.. I dont know if an ear infection would cause em to cancel it but I dont wanna take any chances.. I'm ready to get the thang out now..

Damn, aint the news been somethin lately.. The liberals have had their grubby little hands all over everythang and everythang they have touched is turnin to shit !!

Their Foreign Relations Dept. now have the Turks attackin the Iraqi border..

Their Enviro Wing now have caused the destruction of a huge portion of southern California..

They have yet again wasted more valuable time in Congress tryin to get amnesty passed..

Pork projects have been piled into everythang that moves in D.C. ..

MORE TAXES and MORE TAXES and MORE TAXES ..

Its been enuff to make we not wanna look at the news lately..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you, WB. I just can't watch the news much any longer. I get way too angry.

The fires down south are a direct result of what these jackasses that protect an obscure snail or lizard are responsible for. You can't do a damn thing with your property without some @#$%^ pencil pusher raking you over the coals.

I'm getting damn sick and tired of this crap. Why California has so many enviro nuts is beyond me. Probably because so many of the assholes migrate here from other states. Then they want to change it. I noticed it happening in the early '70s. Our whole lifestyle changed starting then.

We need one big ass earthquake to get rid of them. Natives are used to the ground rocking and rolling. We lost a lot of the fair weather citizens in '89. Sadly, more replaced them.

9:46 AM, October 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing good luck on yer up and coming operation WB. Yes, any type of infection, elevated temperature, use of aspirin, etc. will be cause to delay yer surgery. Best be honest tho....all of the above have consequences (bad) ya wanna go in as healthy as possible. They don't allow ppl to languish in comfort in a hospital bed anymore. They slice and dice ya and then boot ya out as soon as they can.

Sending positive magnetic waves of concern and caring for you to be well. We need you back in the saddle to rant and also for the great recipes. I swear I get off on a food high just readin bout all the great food you cook up!

My usual routine is to get up mid-morn after a night off and turn on the radio (patriot radio) but I find tht lately I sit at the computer and stare out at the fall trees in silence.....can't stand all the bad news anymore. and like you feel...it is all totally insane and back ass wards.

ruminating on silence for my own health.

take care WB.

11:52 AM, October 26, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Its all just been an INSANITY OVERLOAD lately !!

Everybody wants their YING, and YANG can just go get bent.. Cause and Effect has no place in modern thankin.. When people want somethin they will go to no end to see that they get it and as long as the consequences dont affect them, well, thats just TUFF SHIT !!

There is no cooperative effort to make it thru this world.. Its either Us Against Them, or, Dog Eat Dog..

No matter how much lipstick The Hildebeast puts on that hog, there is no Common Good.. Unless its good for her then she could care less..

I have a feelin that they are gonna take out my gall bladder in the mornin and then send me back home that afternoon.. None of my instructions even hints that I'll be there overnite.. Which is fine with me too.. I can be more comfortable at home in pain than I can in the hospital..

At least they scheduled it when the moon is gonna be in the right phase.. Or at least close to it.. That should speed the healin so I can get to my deer campin and huntin !!

I'm gonna try again this weekend to get out to the farm and get a little campfire sittin done.. That'll help get my mind right for it and take some stress away ..That damn stress is what will make you sick !!

1:35 PM, October 26, 2007  
Blogger nanc said...

don't go to the doctor!

get a tube of store brand neosporin triple biotic - put a glob about the size of a pea on the end of a q-tip and put it in your ear and lie down with it there until it's melted well into your ear - get up and put an earplug or cotton ball into your ear to keep it from running out - do this for a week or so and the infection should subside.

for an earache - before doing the above - melt a quarter of an aspirin in about a tsp. of warm water and lie down and put it in your ear with a warm compress over your ear.

you can also rub some neosporin on the gland area about your ear as an added measure.

i've been doing this for our children for years - they've only been to the doctor for shots in the past ten years.

the neosporin can also be used for pink eye - it says "for external use only", but that's just a ploy to get you to go spend money at the doctor needlessly.

you feel better!

8:27 AM, October 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home