Thursday, August 23, 2007

Still Burnin: The Peecan Tree Saga Continues

Thats right, the damn thang is still burnin.. Has been burnin for over a month now.. It'll have been burnin for 2 months before long..

I now have most of the top part burnt that fell not long ago and it has since been burnib around the bottom of the trunk down next to the ground.. It still has a fairly big part of the trunk left that is about 10 feet high but has burnt in a tapered shape that gets bigger toward the top.. If it was turned upside-down it would look like a missle..

I thought about climbin up and cleanin the ash out of the top and settin it on fire again but decided to just let it burn thru the bottom and fall over and then set the whole piece on fire on top of the rest of the stump to finish it burnin all the way down to or below ground level..

But after the peecan tree my pyro activity aint over with yet.. I've decided to go ahead and take down the cedar tree next to the peecan tree too.. The cedar was badly mangled and disfigured in the same ice storm that started the demise of the peecan tree..

But unlike the peecan tree I thank I'll just cut the cedar down.. Shouldnt take but 2 cuts to have it all the way down to the ground..

This old cedar is about 18 inches thru the center at the bottom part and I'm thankin bout takin about 12 feet of the bottom part to my cousins saw mill and havin him cut me some planks out of it.. I might wanna make somethin out of em..

But I thought ya'll might get a little kick out of knowin that that damn tree is still burnin after all this time.. But its bout to kill me smellin that thang burn all the time.. It makes me hungry when the wind blows a puff of the smoke my way.. I smelt it in the middle of the nite the other nite and I had to get up and eat a bowl of cereal before I could ever go back to sleep..

Some women opened a little Tex-Mex cafe downtown not long ago and I got the Mrs. to go down and get us a little samplin of some of the stuff they had.. It really is good too !! Not like the big restaurant a coupla blocks from here.. The big place serves "old folks" food, if you know what I mean, and the cafe has stuff with some kick to it and they leave a little of the grease in their meat dishes.. The Mrs. got a big styro servin tray of beef/chicken fajitas w/beans and rice and chips that took both of us to eat it and cost $6.95.. Best fajitas I've had in 20 years !! And I got a coupla soft tacos that couldnt be beat.. I thank I'll see if the Mrs. is up to us havin somethin else from there for dinner tomoro..

I hope that damn tree gets finished burnin before I gain back all the weight I've lost..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, the food sounds great! I tell you, WB, I've got to land a man so I can get off this friggin diet!!!!

Hope to hell that tree gets done before next year!!

9:43 AM, August 24, 2007  
Blogger Greg said...

You have to be kiddin, WB. I'd feel hungry too if I had that thang burnin in the yard all this time.

Hell, I'd be dribblin.

I went kinda over the top with the chillis on the fried rabbit a while back.

I need a refreshin' beer out in the yard - just what I'm gonna do right now.

12:17 PM, August 25, 2007  
Blogger Papa Ray said...

WB, thought you might be interested in this.

Interesting website. Look at bottom of page for your own cheap wind power.

DIY that is.

Papa Ray

6:02 PM, August 25, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Wind Power is OUT in this part of the state, Papa Ray..

I do envy those folks in their set up tho.. I dont know bout havin it in the middle of the West Texas desert tho..

I did notice that they havent dug a well yet.. Looks like bein in the desert that would be one of the first orders of business.. Rainwater aint that predictable out there..

It does sound like they are enjoyin it and I know bout goin to bed tired too.. Seems kinda odd for a twenty-somethin couple tho..

8:54 PM, August 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home