Saturday, December 02, 2006

Miss Minnie Pearls Recipe

I make a version of this with Rotel in it and extra cheese.. If you can, make it a day early and allow it to sit in the fridge overnight cause it gets even better the next day after all the flavors mingle.. And dont forget the Garlic French Toast !!

Minnie Pearl's Chicken Tetrazzini
2 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup grated sharp cheese
2/3 pound spaghetti, cooked and drained
6 cups chopped, cooked chicken
1/2 cup sliced stuffed olives
1 cup chopped pecans

In saucepan, cook celery and onion in butter until tender. Add chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer about 15 minutes. Slowly stir in mushroom soup, milk and cheese. Mix thoroughly. Remove from heat. Add cooked spaghetti. Let stand 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.

Add chicken and olives to spaghetti and place in prepared dish. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Makes 12 servings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now wait a minute----isn't Miss Minnie Pearl yer dog?

Well, I guess that is not sooo weird. I cook gourmet meals for my two wild cats outside. Cook for them more than I cook for me and Bear.

They are my favorite chums now and follow me around wherever I go when outside. Wish I could bring them in from the cold (harsh Minnesota winters) but alas I am highly allergic to cats so I keep them very fat and happy. Now I must go to the vet and investigate what it costs to spay them so I don't get hundreds of cats, thousands of cats, millions and trillions and billions of cats. Love that children's book!

I am starting a small book with all yer recipes in it and hopefully in the future sometime when I am not working like a wild woman I shall prepare them. Yer going down in history Wild Bill.

Another problem with my two familiars is that I have birds in the house. Red canaries and a cockatiel........Mmmmmmmm Lunch!

8:06 PM, December 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home