Saturday, December 02, 2006

I'm Just Simmering

I aint posted nothin new the last week, cause I'm just sittin back and takin all the NEW/OLD in..

My mind aint been the best this last week and it seems to strain me to try and make sense out of matters in the News anymore.. So, rather than risk givin myself a major headache, I have just been takin it easy on the ol noggin..

I have just plain been avoidin a lot of news lately too.. It just dont make any sense anymore.. Sources that in the past went one way have now turned 180 and are goin in other directions now that are totally counter to what they have professed in earlier disclosures.. Seems as tho our Leaders are doin the same thang too !!

But they are just followin the direction the Voters pointed em in in the last election.. After all, they are Representatives of the People, and the People have spoken..

The Christmas Spirit

It seems that it is gonna be almost impossible to get into the Christmas Sprit this year for me.. We have had a cold front pass thru here, like it has in the rest of the Eastern half of the U.S. .. We didnt get any measurable "white stuff" but we did cool off to a point that should have gotten me geared up for the Season.. Its just hard for me to get excited about it when the Mrs. bans the music and the rest of the P.C. World has just about OUTLAWED the existence of any displays of any Belief and Faith.. It has become a push for Freedom "FROM" Religion, instead of Freedom "OF" Religion.. I feel like I have a loved one that has gone thru Chemo and is diein of cancer, and the Public says that they cant go out in public cause they are too ugly !! Hurts me real bad..

So, if ya'll can stand it, I'll be postin more recipes till I get the gumption and mental ability to come up with somethin else.. I havent had any of my Sour Mash for a while, so maybe I'll go get some and see if it will get me perked-up some and in the mood to RAISE SOME WHOLLY HELL on here..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's ok Wild Bill many of us are here in the doldrums. I too miss the Christmas of my youth (1950's) when the holiday used to mean something.

Went to work the other day and was so shocked to see a christmas tree at the nurses station. In previous years they were banned (wouldn't want to offend anyone of an alternate view) and here is the real kicker....for decorations it has to be soooooo bland as to border on the crazy. Yep, you would never guess-----the decorations were COOKIE CUTTERS little miniature bland and disturbing cookie cutters.

How is that for irony. Can't allude to the greatest event ever to happen on the planet or for just a few days have the pleasure to believe in something other than a good marketing plan.

Any pleasure you have ever had about christmas will be ripped from yer heart and YOU WILL believe in nothing.

Cookie cutters are sooooo inspiring and make me ponder the great thoughts of the universe. And.....how scary is it that our major corporations uphold this non-think non-feeling bland drivil in the name of multiculturism.

Since we are not allowed the freedom to believe in our tradition (that our country was formed and based upon) let's all believe in NOTHING. Yeah that's the ticket.

Focus....NOTHING....tht should bring us all together.

And we wonder why we are confused and emotionally shot.

Cookie cutters!!! The PEOPLE have spoken. Not a BRAVE new world. It is a BLAND new world.

BAH HUMBUG, but I'm working on it.

Why the Mrs. bans music? Maybe you should build a sound proof room in the basement where you could tune in to yer little Texas hearts delight.

Music is necessary to life.

5:36 PM, December 02, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

The Mrs. gets depressed and starts boo-hoo-in at the sound of Christmas music, so I go in the other end of the house and play my records and stuff.. OH !! I found a Leontyne Price Christmas Songs record I have that is GREAT.. Its from somewhere back around 1960's.. She is a Classical Music style singer and is nice to listen to while havin my drink and ceegar..

I'm not so much in the doldrums, but just not enthusiastic like usual.. I've got my lights up, inside and out, got Miss Minnie Pearls red velvet collar with jingle bells on her, got a wood fire crankin, a jug of hooch, homemade fudge and a pot of stew, and all the stuff to make it FESTIVE, yet, no EXCITEMENT !!

I thank I was just sooooo hopin for enuff snow to at least make the ground white.. A few years ago I got so cuaght up in it, that I got 2 big rolls of butcher paper and rolled it out all over our yard to make it look white as if it were snow !!

6:34 PM, December 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I used to live in Phoenix on and off for a # of years. My friends and I used to drive a truck up to Flagstaff a few times during the year load it full of snow and them come back and make snowmans on the lawn. Looked pretty incongruous amongst the palm trees.

Yes, Ranter. I graduated from Alhambra High School in 1968.

Isn't it fun. I comment on WB site to talk to Ranter.

It's the DREAM TEAM!!!

8:13 PM, December 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home