Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wax On. Wax Off.

That was a line from the movie, The Karate KId.. I thank it had somethin to do with Yeng and Yang.. Well, Yeng and Yang are shakin hands again in my mind and all is better today..

Before I wrote that last post I had gone out to pretty up my yard and when I started to mow, Ol Big Mo(my ridin mower) started to make noises that sounded expensive !! I was so sick about it that I just parked it.. But, today I went out and took all the mowin shit off it and got to where I could take a look at what the problem was.. I was right, and it was the transmission, and this one IS expensive.. I piddled with it a few minutes and POOF !! The damn thang got all quiet and now runs like it did when it was new.. No more noise.. I dont know what happened but it is all better and I mowed the whole yard and the "hump" out by the street too.. I figgered I'd get it all put back together and it would start raisin hell again, but it didnt..

On top of Mo givin me trouble, I had bottled-up another batch of my homebrew, and it just SUCKS !! This was the strawberry batch and not what I gave you Sherry.. But I have started a new batch now.. PINEAPPLE !! And I can already tell that this is gonna be a KILLER batch.. Its gonna be more like a Wine Cooler than beer tho.. If it turns out as good as I thank it is, I'm gonna do a ORANGE and somethin batch next time.. I dont thank I'd like a straight orange, so I'll probably add somethin else to it too.. I bet it would be good to take it and put in the freezer for a few hours and let it get all slushy and icy.. Hell, its got so much alcohol content that I dont have to worry about it freezin and bustin !!

Another thang that had me so pissed yesturday, was my damn neighbors.. They had a gatherin of some kind this LONG weekend and I was just so gotdam tired of their kids runnin everywhere and raisin all sorts of hell and screamin and they kept aggravatin Miss Minnie Pearl too.. That and one of the bigger kids had his music thumpin from daylight till midnite.. And all the gotdam door slammin !! I dont thank none of em can just close a door .. Its been at least a little more peaceful around here today.. Looks like about half those damn kids are gone now.. Maybe the rest will be gone tomoro.. Me and Miss Pearl could sure use the respit from em.. Altho the Kid came home early from school today.. The school called and wanted the Mrs. to come pick her up.. She was sittin there cryin and they couldnt figger out why.. The Mrs. got there and the Kid was all smiles and ready to come see Pop then tho.. I thank she is just startin to PMS, and with the Mrs.' menopausin its gonna be another long week looks like !! I picked a helluva time to make a bad batch of homebrew.. Lord, give me strength..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about all yer estrogen problems, that is a bitch (no pun, Ha ha)

But neighbors, oh brother, I could tell ya stories. The hubs and I have lived in our little rambler here in suburbia for nigh on to 32 years. Married and moved in 6 mos. later. Moved here cause I didn't like the huge garish homes in other places. Just give me my cute little house with all the privacy and wild life and I'll be happy. Well, at least for 30 years or so.

Within a 7 month time frame the neighbors who had lived next to us all this time (we have a 5 sided lot with only 2 neighbors) moved. One couple retired. And the younger one got divorced. Well, who woulda thunk it that in 7 months, the one guy split the lot and moved a huge huge 40 foot travesty of a house within 10 feet of my property line. He can see way over my one level home into all the private areas, even my pool, where I on occasion go nekkid for a swim. Not only THAT, as if that wasn't enuf. He put in windows to boot. HUGE HUGE windows that over look my most private part of my yard. Our front door is on the side so when I exit my house the first thing i see are his huge windows and his front porch which sits 15 feet up from the lay of our land. He wanted to buy 3 feet of our property so he'd have more room for the 5,000 sq. foot monstrosity, we said no so he put his boulder wall ONE-HALF FOOT over our property line, and tht was after he tore out our fence to put the boulders in. Can you imagine. Not to mention tht since his house is so large there is no where for his water drain off to go, and as the land is angled downhill from his place--yep, you guessed it. we get a flood. Contacted the city and they say it is a "civil issue" bastards all. If you only knew how much ching I have spent trying to right this whole mess. Lawyers, surveyors, etc. What a nightmare, and it continues. Have to get a fence and an architectual landscaper involved (big bucks) to make it so I don't commit murder at a future date.

Then on the other side a realtor bought what was the largest home in our neighborhood and built on a home twice the size of the existing already large home. We call this one the CASTLE, it even has windows on the front that stick out like gun turrets....AND......this place is 7,000 sq. ft. Even the city guys hate it. It really is an abomination.

We call the other house the TOWER and between the two huge hard-ons of houses, here we sit, with both home owners on either side of us suffering from testosterone poisoning. Jebus, as E would say, how did it come to this.

Oh yeah, and the CASTLE guy then backfilled up his land to look over our huge arbor fence (5 foot) so his land is about even with the top of our fence. then he had the balls to call the city and say he did not like a car we had parked in the back yard. Vintage 68 red dodge charger (our first kiss) with license to boot. SO, don't build yer land up so's ya can look into others yards ya douche. Well I quess ya can see I'm a little ticked---between this and work (political bosses) I think I am ready for anger management courses or maybe some of yer home brew.

So, if ya think (read thank) you are the only one with neighbor problems......yer not!

12:43 AM, September 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only got one glass of that homebrew. David got the rest. lol. But it sure was good and definitely had a kick to it. Can't wait to try the next batch. hugs.

6:00 PM, September 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home