Saturday, August 26, 2006

Coulda Been Better

This mornin I found my homebrew ready to bottle and now that task has been accomplished and another batch ready to get underway now..

It didnt turn out quite the way I wanted due to conditions beyond my control, ie, the weather.. I used too much malt and hops, and the HOT temps made it too bitter to enjoy as it is, but I can salvage it by pourin it over ice and addin a squeeze of lime.. That seems to make it more enjoyable than the regular plain anyway.. If it was regular store-bought beer, and you pour that over ice and add lime its called a "Goucho".. I guess thats close enuff to what I have, so I guess thats what I'll call my latest batch of thirst quencher too !!

I've been samplin it for the past few days and early on in the process it was more to my likin, but the longer it cooked, the stronger it got, and that wasnt the result I was after..

My new batch is gonna be an experiment in diversity.. Instead of plain sugar I'm usin corn syrup and I added some strawberry jam to the mix too, but I cut-back on the malt and hops.. An old neighbor that has since moved across town drove by and gave the Mrs. a bottle of his latest batch.. It was made with strawberry too.. He used to not put fruit in his and it came out weak and plain.. He always brought me a bottle of his latest to sample and critique for him.. I had suggested that he might add some fruit and it seems that he has taken my advice.. It was rather tasty too !! If Boone's Farm made homebrew, I would thank this is the product they would have arrived at..

I just dont like it too sweet tho, but not as bitter as mine turned out this time.. The temps are forecast to be much cooler durin the time this next batch will be cookin, so I may have screwed up by my changes, but time will tell..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home