Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bush Hoggin And Discin

Me and my buddy, Billy, went to his farm and worked a while yesterday.. I kinda wore myself out, and Billy did too.. He has had the flu, and after workin out in the heat, heat index was 100 + yesterday, he had a dizzy spell and fell and put a big lump on his head last nite.. We are takin the day off today tho.. Too wet to plow or bush hog again anyway..
Billy's spirits were WAY UP again tho, and he said he felt better than he had for a while.. So, all-in-all, it was a good day.. He has an appointment at the doc tomoro to get blood work and get checked out good to see if he can find out what is causin him to get the "dizzies" .. I dont thank he is eattin right and may have some vitamin lack causin it.. I have cooked some stuff and the Mrs. has taken it to him since his wife passed on, but I dont thank he has been eattin the right stuff the rest of the time.. He visits his kids that live near here regularly and has his grandkids come to visit, so I know he gets a good meal MOST of the time.. He has a sister here that he visits and eats with too.. It still worries me tho..
Sure would have been nice to have gotten some stuff planted and fertilized before this rain .. Billy had some seed planted, but it must have been bad seed cause it never did come up.. A LATE CROP is better than NO CROP tho..
Yesterday evenin, after we came back from Billy's farm, I got MO(my big ridin mower) out to "perty" up the yard a little.. It didnt pay me to do it tho, cause I ran over a BIG gotdam rock that the neighbor kids had thrown in the yard and it busted a housin that hold one of the blades.. Gonna cost a chunk to fix it, but luckily the parts house a coupla blocks away usually has one ONHAND.. At least I got about half the yard mowed before it shelled it..
Me and Billy have a little "rat killin" to do today, so he is gonna come by and get me to go with him on his errands and no tellin what we will find to do to keep us busy today, since we aint gonna get to plant anythang..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home