Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Road To Recovery

I still dont know what it was that took me down.. If it has kept me down this long, it must have been pretty bad tho..

Today has been a good day.. I got up feelin kinda blah, but after coffee and tellin myself that I had shit I needed to do, I finally motivated myself to put work clothes on and get started at it..

Its been over a month since I mowed the yard and friends have been givin me grief about how scraggly it was lookin, so I made a trip to the bank for money and then got gas and put the charger on the mower battery..

I had planned to go back to the farm and stay and work for a few more days when I came down sick and I had left the mower and generator and tools and all my shit out at the barn.. The first day that I could hold my head up for a while, we went and loaded the mower and scooter and hauled em home, but after I got the scooter unloaded and in the house I barely had enuff strength left to unload the mower and just left it out in the yard to get rained on.. The rain got under the mowers hood and rusted the magneto and it wouldnt start today so had to take the cowl off and clean the mag and coil and put it back together.. After that I almost didnt feel like continuein the task of gettin the yard mowed but bit the bullet and got it done..

Mowin my yard is no small task but it aint that big of a job that it should have worn me out like it did.. But after a nice little nap knowin that I had gotten the yard mowed I was back rested and ready to get up and face the world again.. This is the first day that I have felt good enuff that I thought I could even tackle such a small chore tho..

It feels good now knowin that I actually made it farther away from the bed than the coffee pot and the puter.. So, after I went to the bank I went next door and got some ceegars to celebrate with if I made it thru the day without havin to make a trip to the ER.. I'm not gonna push it and have a coldbeer with my ceegar but I intend to go out to the picnic table and sit and have me a ceegar soon..

Its been foggy most mornins here and then rainy in the afternoons and nights.. Caint remember the last time I saw a sunrise.. Looks like we are gonna be under threat of more rain and storms this next week too.. I aint even worried about goin to the garden.. We went the other day and pulled a few onions to try.. They sure are gettin big fast.. DAMN !! I had forgotten how good fresh green onions are.. Still havent picked none of the greens yet tho.. Probably gonna be to big and tuff by the time I get a mess picked, but bendin and stoopin to pick em just aint been on my list of thangs I HAD to do lately.. But I can always take the turnips and do em like mashed taters and be happy.. The Mrs. loves em like that with butter and salt in em.. Its time to plant the next batch anyway, so I'll just wait on it..

Ususally if I have ONE good day, the next 2 or 3 are bad ones.. I just hope that I have seen the last of the days like I've been havin for the last 2 weeks..

We have really been lucky lately that we missed some real bad storms close to us.. What happened in Kansas could have happened here real easily.. It has hit the Dallas/Ft Worth area hard tho.. 80 to 100 MPH staright-line winds and a bunch or tornados all around em.. Had a few twisters around here close but they were all out in the open fields or only hit some barns and out buildins..

Well, I'm gonna go out and enjoy my ceegar and count my blessins.. Looks like ya'll have helped see me thru another hard time.. I'll be sure and count ya'll too.. Thanks..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know you're back among the living. I was getting worried about you. hugs, Sherry

8:08 PM, May 05, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

I was startin to worry bout it too, Sherry.. I'm still wonderin if I'm not gonna have it happen again tho.. It came on so fast that didnt have any warnin.. Thats what bothers me most now.. Makes me kinda skittish to go stay at the farm now.. But I caint get much work done if I dont stay out there and get an early start and its only gonna get worse when it gets into the hot weather.. Gonna have to do most of my work real early and I aint gonna be able to get thye Mrs. and the Kid up and around early enuff to beat the heat..

Looks like I may have to wind up gettin me one of those gotdam cell phones that I hate so much !! Not much else I can do tho..

10:51 PM, May 05, 2007  
Blogger Papa Ray said...

Hey WB. Glad you were able to do what you did. I don't know about you, but at my age, any kind of sickness can be borderline dangerous. I had a bout with a cold or something last winter, that turned into cronic breathing problems. I had to sleep sitting up for a few nights in my recliner.

I got a shot and some pills from a local emergency clinic and gutted it thru. I told my neighbor to call me every couple of hours to make sure I was still ok. Sarah was real worried and she tried her little best to help me. She fixed us some soup and sandwitches and hot dogs and stuff that a 6 year old can do in the Microwave and kept me supplied with liquids.

I was sure proud of her.

I sure wish you felt better, but maybe your spunk and determination will see you thru until you get stronger.

Just don't overdue it.

Take care.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

7:58 PM, May 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn, WB, you must take extra care of yourself. Can the Mrs. help you out more with the yard and the farm?

Cell phones aren't that bad! I rarely use mine but it's comforting to know it's there. Hope you get reception out at the farm.

Papa Ray, you certainly do have a special little girl.

Cheryl

11:45 AM, May 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home