Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I've Lost My "Groove"

The weather we are havin has all but eliminated all motivation and momentum I've had lately.. I hate it when that happens !!

Its been replaced with depression.. I hate that worse.. I did manage enuff gumption to cook a turkey and mashed taters and broccoli w/cheese today that was some good eattin.. I just ate and went back to bed for a lengthy nap tho.. I thank my allergies are whats doin PART of it..

But I'll be back out at the garden soon and back in my "element" with a smile on my face and dirt under my fingernails and I'll find a little bit of peace that I can hold on to for a while..

Somebody I know from a forum I visit has got me some tobacco seeds in the mail to me and I'm gettin excited about plantin my own tobacco and watchin to see how it turns out.. This will be the first time I've ever planted it but I have a friend here that was raised on a tobacco farm and is gonna tutor me in the process.. I just wonder how much trial and error its gonna take to get it to where I can actually enjoy the finished product.. But beatin the gubmint out of their damn taxes is gonna hold a certain amount of enjoyment in itself tho..

Well, The "Gunny" is on the radio at 850 AM KOA out of Denver, and I really like the Gunny's program.. I'm gonna go try to listen to it if the weather aint screwed the reception up tonite.. If I caint get it I may be back to bitch about Imus and the ankle-biters like Sharpton and Jackson at his heels.. What a damn bunch of booger-eatin-mohrons !!

6 Comments:

Blogger Almtnman said...

I never heard of that Imus fellow until a couple of days ago. I guess Sharpton and Jackson must be digging deep to find something so they can get some attention these days. That's all you can expect from those two since their way of making a living is to dig up dirt and make mud pies.

6:57 AM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

I've been hearin bout Imus for years and nothin I ever heard of him made me want to listen to him or even give him the time-of-day..

Imus was insultin in what he said, but not to the extent to what is bein made of it..

But Freedom of Speech is bein attacked by The Opportinists over it.. In my book, thats a lot worse than what Imus did !!

7:20 AM, April 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy world isnt it?

Think about it.................

if a black commentator would have perhaps said the same thing there would be no outrage or consequence.

Too much groveling goin on in Imus world.

What he said was insensitive and rude. He apologized.

I think he has learned some boundaries.

What does it say of the "black community" to not accept his apology.

The things tht pass as major news stories as our adversaries tear us a new one boggles the mind.

1:29 PM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Papa Ray said...

Hey, WB. I hope you get out of your funk real soon. I'm a allergy sufferer myself and have been for years. Something that is hard to get used to, but I am almost.

Here is something that gave me a little hope that people are seeing the light when it comes to Islam.

Here is an interesting website about tobacco. Hope yours turns out ok.

I'm fixing Beef Cabbage Stew for our supper tonight. It's about the only way I can get Sweet Sarah to eat cabbage. I cut it up a little smaller than I would like for her, but if she eats it, then it's all good.

Have a good one.

Papa Ray

2:41 PM, April 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better, WB. Have you ever listened to the music -- I mean (c)rap they play today? What this idiot said is nothing compared to what they say about women!!! Guess it depends on the skin color.

7:07 PM, April 11, 2007  
Blogger Almtnman said...

Some people are very insensitive alright. Somebody says something that is not the norm and then makes an apology for saying it. Where the problem with all this is; apologies mean nothing these days as they are not accepted. People need to forgive and forget, not keep at it wanting blood!

I think that there are other ulterior motives going on here and Sharpton and Jackson are looking for Mr. Green to show up and that will make them accept an apology. That's how they have always did it in the past.

9:30 AM, April 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home