Friday, December 15, 2006

The Hard Parts Over Now

You should have all your shoppin over with now and be able to finally enjoy the holiday.. Right ?? Well, if you dont, then you are about to enter the worst shoppiin week of the YEAR !!

I've heard from several folks that say people both shoppin and those workin at places have been the rudest and most hateful they have ever seen.. They aint seen nothin tho, till they see em this next week..

Me ?? I DONT DO SHOPPIN !! I give MONEY, or do or make somethin special for em..

I hate to see or hear about people tryin to see how nasty they can be to others durin this time of year.. Hell, I know its hectic, but its supposed to be, cause that aint what its all about anyway.. People just dont get it.. The GREEDY bastards are the ones that have caused this, so why dont they just deal with it ?? In their rush to get MORE MORE MORE, they have created a time of MISERY for THEMSELVES..

They never stop to realize that if they did have it so gotdam BAD, that they either wouldnt have the JOB that requires em to work hard, long hours to get the shoppers thru the stores and home wrappin the presents, and the shoppers wouldnt have the money to do all that shoppin..

But what makes people thank they have to do all that shoppin and give all those presents, when, most likely, what they give/get dont please the recipient and they go into major debt to credit companies or bank loans to just GIVE/GET STUFF ??

How many times do you give stuff that you never get a THANK YOU for ?? Isnt that all that is REQUIRED ?? Just a simple THANK YOU ?? If I give somebody somethin, that dont mean that I expect em to get ME somethin.. I just request em to say THANK YOU.. Thats all..

NOW, to the point I want to make about Christmas.. Is that not what the Day is for ?? Just to say THANK YOU to the Lord ?? Its not meant for us to shower EACH OTHER with gifts and praise.. Its meant to show Rememberence to Christ for the GIFT he gave to us.. So, say THANK YOU to Him.. And say it often.. It dont cost you nothin and if that pisses somebody off, well, give em a bigg ass whoopin and remind em of the GIFT they got !!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU.

Said well WB

I have yet to buy one gift, oops.

Maybe next week

Too commercialized. I try to stay away from the stores.

Especially since they come out with the Christmas stuff BEFORE halloween

8:54 PM, December 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still have not bought one Christmas present for anyone. There is always tomorrow.......

10:05 PM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

I'm still a "no show" at the stores too..

The Mrs. has bought enuff for both of us tho..

I've doin puter updates on a bunch of stuff that is gonna expire next month.. Didnt haave any choice tho, so had to do it.. Its had me pullin my hair out and dont have much normal brain function left..

Gettin new programs installed and gettin em where the Mrs. can use em without lockin up the puter is a trick I have yet to master on the first try.. OR the second.. Or third !!

Thangs seem to be flowin pretty good now with the last 24 hours bein free of the Mrs. havin a shit fit and ruinin my day !!

3:52 AM, December 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let no one ruin yer blessed day WB. All we have is the now. Missing Ranter and hoping he is ok.

Mamabear just bought a brand spanking new Harley---so excited. Fits in with my plans of the future to tour this fine country in a Chinook motorhome do all the side roads and go the back roads with the Harleys (haul them in trailers).

THAT is FREEDOM my friend! Hope you and yer family have the best Christmas.

I put the hammer down this time and told all my relatives that any gift I purchase will be 20.00 or less. I usually go crazy and spend 50.00 a person. Not this year.

I am pleased with my decision. It does not have to be the perfect gift. I'm taking the pressure off this year AND I feel good about it.

9:47 AM, December 20, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

My Brother stopped by to see me for a short visit a few weeks back.. He was on his Scooter and was gonna meet some friends near here and decided to make a short detour thru here.. He said his wife had just bought her a new one too..

The people at the GM Dealership across the street from me often meet on weekends and have a ride to somewhere..

They usually have a group of about 20, but sometimes the count goes as high as near-50.. Its cool to sit on the front porch and watch and listen to em file out (more like BLAST OFF).. Those doctors and lawyers and other Professionals sure do have some sweet Rides !!

I've already done the MotorHome Thang.. Had a MoPed on the back to get around the TIGHT places.. Also spent a few years behind the wheel of a Big Rig too.. Got caught in a blizzard up in your neighborhood one year.. FRRRRRRROZE my ass off, but I sure did have a good time while I was OFF DUTY that week !! Wild Bill knows how to make the BEST of a BAD situation..

I found a little bar that was out between the Cities on a shortcut between the major hiways that had a MEAN buffet everyday, and kept a steamin pot of chili at all times and had some of the very best Wisconsin Cheese to go in it.. Was a cozy little place that the folks were as friendly as could be..

I provided lots of free entertainment and they supplied plenty of free beer and chili.. Worked out good for everybody.. I had people comin in on skis and snowshoes to get the DAYS SHOW !! They came from several miles away, but said it beat stayin at home.. The Bar Owner hated to see me leave..

12:29 PM, December 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, way cool. I know you'd be fun to listen too.

Something about the cold bonds ppl together. I have traveled many different parts of the country and I would live no where else. Love Minnesota. Seems everyone here knows someone who knows someone you know. kinda like down home friendly and the cold does not keep us down, just more reason to take up lots of winter sports!

Pretty hardy folks are we.

11:25 AM, December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home