Monday, May 30, 2005

Yep, What They Said

It has made my heart feel glad the past few days, to watch, read, and listen to the heartfelt praise and blessings given to the military.. Many many people have gone way out of there way to show appreciation for the blood that has been shed and lives given in the pursuit of freedom.. I noticed too, that there were tributes to the fallen of the War Between The States.. Thats something I've never seen before.. Even tho it was Ol Abe that started the idea of Memorial Day back in 1863 at Gettysburg.. Sadness still creeps thru when I think of all the years that people have turned up their noses at those that have fallen for this Country.. I hope that is just a dark past that will never be repeated.. I have a huge bowl of bar-b-q baby-back ribs in the kitchen, that I'm gonna go stick my face into and enjoy the last of this special day.. With every bite I take I will think of someone I know who has served our country for the sake of freedom.. All gave some.. Some gave all..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home