Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Outta Here For A While

I QUIT !!

They have been advertisin a Smoke Shop across the Red River from here, bout 20 miles one-way, and today we rode over to check their prices and selection.. They didnt have any idea what we were talkin bout..

We could have driven another 20 miles, one-way, and gone to where we have usually been goin to buy our cigarettes and my ceegars but I got an attitude and decided "FUCK EM" !! I'm tired of drivin over 80 miles round-trip just to buy smokes I can afford without all the Liberal taxes on em, and decided on-the-spot that I was quittin ..

Thanks to a very very kind man and his generous neighbor I have a sack-full of some tobacco seeds of an excellent variety of smokin tobacco.. Next year I plan on havin a crop of my very own to pamper and create a ready-supply for me to enjoy..

I was sittin on the Smokin Bench over at the hospital yesterday.. A very nice and attractive and conservatively-dressed black lady bout my age came out and asked if I would mind if she sat and smoked with me.. My Southern Charm immediately took over and a "PLEASE DO" invited her to join me..

She pulled a cig out and I lit it for her, that Southern Charm Thang, and we began talkin.. Out of the blue she asked if I had been smokin long and I told her I had been smokin almost 40 years now, and she asked if I still enjoyed smokin..

I told her that I didnt just smoke to be smokin and satisfy an urge, and that I also enjoyed my ceegars and pipe and that a lot of times a strong cup of coffee or a coldbeer or a little Sippin Whiskey added and enhanced my pleasure of smokin.. She was called back in to attend to business and our visit was cut short then..

A little later a white guy a little younger than me and had a "ti-double-ger-er" personality(bouncey-bouncey) came out and fired up a cig and seein me stretched out on the bench and mellowed and likin my smoke finally calmed some and set down too.. Soon he was a lot calmer and takin slower drags and talkin slow enuff that I could understand most of what he was sayin..

He had "hot boxed" his first cig and put it out and took a long drank of the bottled whatever it was he had with him to wash out the foul taste from his last cig and then lit another cig.. He kept lookin at his cigarette as he began slowly smokin it like it was a new brand he was tryin and was givin it an evaluation of some sort.. He got a call on his cell phone and told some one on the other end that he had found the Smokin Area and that he was enjoyin a cigarette with a real nice guy and that he would be back up in a minute..

As he calmly finished his smoke he related that today his youngest son was havin rods placed in his back to correct curvature from Scoleosis(sp) and was gonna be a pretty big deal to deal with for a long time.. As he got up and took that last slow drag of smoke and put it out, he really seemed hesitant to leave.. We said our partin Well Wishes and he walked a little taller and straighter and seemed more at ease on his way back in..

In the midst of sufferin kids and chaos and insecurity a coupla folks took time to come have an enjoyable smoke and contemplate on the situation and gather rational thoughts on how to manage the situation they were faced with..

Soon the boney side of my ass told me it was time for me to seek somethin a little more comfy than that hard bench, and I went back into the Mass Hysteria that was inside.. Shit, them people didnt just need a cigarette, they needed a joint.. A BIG JOINT !!

I'm talkin bout people that instead of an enjoyable smoke opted for some popcorn and were so tense and shaky that they spilled most of it.. I almost felt compassion for em till I realized that these same skitzes were probably 100 percent behind a $100 per pack cig tax and smokin ban any where in the city, and would prefer eatin a whole bottle of Zanax or Prozac rather than takin a puff of a cigarette..

As you can tell by my posts lately, my attitude is headin south in a hurry.. I dont intend this to be a place where I keep comin to to spew a bunch of bile and post my hate, so I'm not gonna be postin here much any more.. The hate I feel is not unwarranted and not misdirected and I WILL NOT speak without sayin what is on my mind and until somethin other than hate can come from my mouth I wont be postin..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, shit, WB. Have to honor your wishes but I sure as hell am going to miss you.

I am hoping you'll feel a need to share your thoughts with your faithful readers and drop a good one on us! I'm still keeping this blog on my favorites list!!!

Really want the best for you, and I sure as hell hope things turn around for you. You're a good man and I'm proud of how you stand by your principles and convictions.

11:25 PM, October 03, 2007  
Blogger Greg said...

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way too, WB.

This past year I've been full of a similar type of hate and anger, which is one reason I've enjoyed reading your stuff and knowing that I'm not the only one out there feeling mightily pissed about the state of things.

You are always a welcome visitor on my blog. I'm gonna keep on postin over there and try to stay out of the shit that makes me angry and escape a little.

Catch up with you soon, WB.

6:17 AM, October 04, 2007  
Blogger nanc said...

THIS should be the the place you let it all out - it's yours to do with as you please!

as for smoking - i enjoy it immensely and find it relaxing.

we're all going to die one day of some thing or another.

i'll keep you in my favorites and please visit any of the blogs where i contribute whenever you feel.

2:15 PM, October 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home