Wednesday, September 19, 2007

All About Advice

Advice

If you thank that I only get into heated discussions with liberals here, you are mistaken..

I've been involved in a pissin contest on my Yahoo Group too.. IMAGINE THAT !!

Its left me wonderin bout a few thangs.. Mainly, Sage Old Advice..

All my life I've enjoyed sittin and listenin to the OLD FOLK'S stories and advice on life.. Those Revelations On Life have served me well durin the years and no doubt have saved my life a time or two..

But I keep goin back to somethin that I was told once..

"If you have been doin somethin the same way for the last 20 years, then chances are, you are doin it wrong today" !!

For longer than 20 years I have taken some advice to heart that I was given, and have tried to follow it.. That advice has come into question now and I'm wonderin if it is still as relevent today as it has been in the past..

Many Many years ago I was told that the fastest way to lose a friend was loan/borrow MONEY to/from one.. I've tested this theory a few times, and once a few years ago, and it still proves true.. But I'm wonderin if its worth the risk of losin a friend by gettin money involved ??

Another issue I've been given advice on, is to not get involved in other peoples Family Matters/Disputes.. My daddy was a 2-term Texas Sherrif and my brother retired after over 30 years as a Beat Cop/Ass. Chief./Chief of Police, and both said that a family dispute was the nastiest, most dangerous, and most dreaded call that they ever got.. My question is, IF/WHEN is a person OBLIGATED to get involved in somebody elses Family Matters ??

I'm not talkin bout the Personal Choice to get involved here, but the OBLIGATION to ..

This issue is weighin real heavy on my mind.. There are other factors involved too, one of which is the harsh and critical response I've had towards the liberals lately.. But I'm just sick-to-death of the liberals shirkin the fault and responsibility of their own actions and tryin to put the blame for it on anybody but themselves !!

The attack on Gen. Petreaus and the Iraqi Leadership the last coupla weeks has almost sent me over the edge, and I'm havin doubts about whether I even need to be postin and commentin here or on my Yahoo Group with the GOTDAM RAGE and CONTEMPT I'm feelin !!

Have I gotten so fuckin mean and angry that I need to take a breather and stay away and just keep my vile attitude and thoughts to myself ??

People should already have a good idea that if they go to a Redneck Blog that chances are they are gonna get to see a Redneck Attitude in action, but what I've had lately has gone WAY ABOVE a Redneck Attitude..

I aint proud of the way I've acted lately, but I aint ashamed of it either.. No matter how docile and calm an animal is, if you poke it with a stick or use the whip on it enuff, its eventually gonna get ahold of you, and it aint right to put the blame entirely on the animal, if at all..

I've been accused of creatin a "Jerry Springer" atmosphere recently, and that aint what I want.. But some folks say that is what makes it fun and interestin to be around where I post and comment.. Sadly, I aint been so fun and interestin lately.. But if I dont take a break and go IN-ACTIVE for a while and people with sticks and whips keep comin at me, I'm still gonna keep growlin and lungin at the end of my chain !!

I aint gonna say that its gonna make any difference, but if somebody that is thankin a little clearer than I am has some advice I'll definetely take it into consideration..

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WB, if I were nearby I would shake you.

As I know what has prompted this - I've read all the messages including LK's - I think you are just getting the reaction of PMSing or menopausal women.

I saw absolutely nothing wrong with what you wrote. I was going to defend you but thought it would just exacerbate the situation.

I do apologize for contributing to the Jerry Springer atmosphere on your blog this week. I promise I won't do it again!!

We need your views, WB. Obviously they are striking a chord with those who want to destroy our great country. Otherwise they would not be here trying to stir the shit up.

Yet if it is going to affect your health or personal life, then you should quit blogging for awhile.

Whatever you decide, please know you have people here who agree with you, look forward to what you write, and care about you.

2:15 PM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger Warren said...

WB, I really don't know you yet but I will tell you this.

The strategy for the Move-ons, Kos Kiddies and DU's is to make life "uncomfortable" for supporters of the war.

You go low, they win a round.

7:54 PM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger Warren said...

Besides...
I just added you to the blogroll.

:^)

8:01 PM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Warren, I consider it a great honor to be included in your blogroll among the other wonderful people you have gathered there..

Its gonna be a challenge to see if I can meet the standards that those folks have set and continually exceed..

I hope you dont believe all that horse shit, but it sounds good, dont it ??

But I really do thank you for addin me.. I hope that I have somethin to offer the folks that come here from your site that appeals to em..

Good content, variety, and entertainment seems to be on a decline and people are reachin out to new frontiers for their FIX of somethin besides the recycled political news links and campaign tripe.. I thank I proved that pretty good by keepin Dora's attention occupied for several days.. Dont take much to entertain a MORON, does it ??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But if you are gonna blogroll me, then I guess that I'm not so much of a Black Sheep now that I'm still presentable enuff to come visit you too ??

8:29 PM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger Warren said...

You'll never get anywhere flattering me... Tell me some more!


Wild Bill, your always welcome at my blog! You can spit on the rug and call the cat a bastard, or visa versa.

10:03 PM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger Tina Boyer said...

Great blog! Keep it up! Amy

10:57 AM, September 20, 2007  
Blogger nanc said...

don't let warren kid you...how do you think he got stuck with me?

when people become confounded by the truth and facts - sometimes it's just a good idea to either ignore them, go to comment mod, or erase their comments as soon as they make them.

orrrrrrr, i do know a good troll repellant...

don't get mad and don't get even - SURPASS!

yeeeeeeeeeeehaw it's good being a redneck today!

2:28 PM, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Papa Ray said...

WB, I don't know if you value my opinion or not, but you asked for it.

First off, what other people think or think of you is only valuable or needs to be heeded if it is going to put your family or fortune at risk or bring you some measure of contentment or peace of mind.

Otherwise, chunk it and them in file 13.

Now I say that mindful of the fact that the situation is getting out of hand in these un-United States of America.

The first thing that pops into my mind regarding that is that you don't need to get thrown in jail, just like I don't.

We have people that we are responsible for, otherwise, I wouldn't give a damn, cause I been in jail more than once and it didn't kill me.

Second, letting your feelings and anger out in the form of a blog is good for you. As a matter of fact doing it in person, to others is good also, as long as you maintain and prevent yourself from getting too personal or too scary.

Scary is what I have been called at some of the town, city, county meetings.

Why? because I cut through the bullshit and address the issues, but sometimes I do it in a manner not becoming a gentleman.

Well, I never was an officer, never made it past E-5 and even then, I was called a diamond in the rough by my friends and a stupid asshole by others.

I look at you in the same way that I was and sometimes still am. We all have something that keeps us from picking up a rock or a gun and creating havoc. Otherwise, it would be hell to pay.

I don't know about your troubles or problems but I can identify. For the ten or so years after I got back "home", I was one of those that people should have been really scared of. I ain't proud of that and regret it every day of my life, and am so grateful to God and his gifts to me such as Sarah and Hannah.

I think you need what I need, to just get away from the computer and get some peace someplace with no schedule, no pressure and no thought of the world's problems or even your own.

Unfortunatly, it looks like it will be some time before I can do that, so I find other things that distract me for the time being.

But, I hope that you can do something for a while that gives you and yours pleasure and some peace.

Remember, God helps those that help themselves and he forgives most of ol' bastards cause he knows we are trying.

Papa Ray

8:22 PM, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Absolutely the best advice I could ever ask for, by all of you..

Nanc, I tried the Mod thang but it causes problems commentin for some people..

Cheryl, I thank the trouble at the Group is behind us now.. And your right, a coupla days in the peace and quiet at the farm would do wonders for my blood pressure..

Warren, I dont have to take too long out at the farm gettin energized for some serious whoopass when I get back.. The enemy will never even know I'm gone..

Papa Ray, the bein scary part is what gets their attention and gets em to listen sometimes.. As long as you dont get TOO scary.. And I dont worry bout what most folks thank of me, but I do worry bout what my friends thank of me.. Specially those friends that worry bout what I thank of them !!

But I'm gradually gettin my energy back and feelin better and not hurtin so much now.. Maybe I wont be feelin so damn old on my birtday next week..

And that reminds me that I need to send out a Happy Birtday to MamaBear too.. I dont know zactly when it is but I thank its sometime around now..

12:33 AM, September 21, 2007  
Blogger nanc said...

just don't allow others to dictate your conscience.

7:43 PM, September 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home