Friday, December 22, 2006

SUFFER DAMMIT !!

I couldnt stand it any longer and had to go blow some money !! The Mrs. took me to the beer store and I filled her car up with gas and got a 30-pak of coldbeer and 7 more cartons of cigs.. We rode a few back roads and visited a friend and went by to see another to tell em Merry Merry, HO HO HO, but the last one wadnt home..

I had a streak of geneous and went by my Tamale Ladies store and got us a coupla dozen tamales.. Fresh and hot, straight out of the steamer !! A dozen HOT for me and a dozen MEDIUM for the Mrs. and the kid.. These thangs are HUGE with lots of meat.. I had to stop after 6 and go put on my "comfies" to be able to get 3 more down.. If ya'll like tamales as much as we do, then I hope ya'll have a place to get em as good as we do..

I'm stuffed.. The Mrs. and the Kid are stuffed.. I see a nap in all our future soon..

Startin to feel a little like Christmas round here now !! Cept for the weather.. Poor bastards up in Denver are wishin they had some of our Texas weather bout now.. 30* at nite and 60* durin the afternoon here.. Wood fire feels pretty damn good at nite but gotta open some doors and windows durin the day..

Gets below 40* at nite and I let Miss Minnie Pearl come in the house for the nite.. I put her Red Velvet Collar with the Jingle Bells on and she actually loves the damn thang !!

I'm gonna make a "TEST" batch of my dressin tomoro.. Then make another batch Sunday and tweak it.. Caint ever tell how strong your Sage is gonna be from one can to the next, so to avoid havin a pan of dressin thats either too strong with sage, or too weak, I'll do it in two batches and adjust my measurements.. I've got fresh apples to make a pie with and got my turkey thawin and all the ingredients for the Cajun Injector to infuse it with seasonins and butter..

Hope everybody is well and reasonably happy.. All is well here in Redneckville, Texas tonite.. SO FAR !!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cajun injector....now there is something my imagination can work overtime on! Ha!!

E just got back, driving thro the fog and snow and sleet. (better than the fog of war by my estimate) We are grateful to have him home safe and sound. Some of his buds were s'posed to get on the plane to Denver today. Sigh. Sure hope they get to have a Christmas with their families without too much delay.

My mouth waters when you speak of tamales. And no----I'm SURE there is no place that makes them as good as Texas. God Bless Texas. And you too my friend!

9:11 PM, December 22, 2006  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

EVERYBODY should have a Cajun Injector that ever bakes a chicken or cooks a turkey, ham, or roast..

The one that I've got can be used as a pastry stuffer too..

Glad to hear that "Wild Bill" is gonna get to be HOME for the Tree.. The Buds are still gonna have some problems, sounds like..

Them damn tamales nearly killed me last nite !! Those thangs dont agree with my bad gall bladder too good.. Sure glad I got better in time to do my test batch of dressin.. I've got it out of the oven and lettin it cool a little before I dig in to it.. Dont smell like its got enuff sage in for me.. Oh well.. The second batch tomoro will !!

HO HO HO and MERRY MERRY ..

2:18 PM, December 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home