Monday, June 13, 2005

Gettin Close

I've been waitin till I got a few posts logged-in before I open up this site to blogger lists and did any promoting of it.. If I didnt, it would be like walking into a library and it having only one book on the shelves.. Know what I mean ?? I figger that once traffic starts and I get comments going I'll post more often too.. During the day I can think of all kinds of stuff to write about, and then when I sit down, I just cant seem to decide which one I need to write about first.. If I wrote about all of em, I would be here all nite.. I've also thought about starting a "hometown" blog.. One of the type that everybody comes to and gossips about everybody else in town.. When somebody from out of town wants to find out about somebody that they know that lives here, they can come to the blog and find out about their old friends or relatives.. And it would be a place to keep everybody up on what their kids were doing, and what the local "heroes" were up to lately.. The local newspaper has about as much news as the Wal-Mart circular does, and it only comes out once a week, so by the time you read it, it is already old news, and most likely wasnt very interesting in the first place.. It's the kind of paper that when you get it and read it, you find out about who died and were buried yesturday !! I'd kinda like to spotlite some of the people around here that have been forgotten or that other people didnt think they deserved to be recognized. I think it would be something I could be proud of.. I can damn sure think of worse things to do with my time..

3 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Texan said...

Neylandville checkin in.

9:38 AM, June 16, 2005  
Blogger Redneck Texan said...

During the day I can think of all kinds of stuff to write about, and then when I sit down, I just cant seem to decide which one I need to write about first..

Boy....I remember them days Wild Bill. Cherish them, they don't last forever. You will be surprised how hard it is to sustain opioning beyond about 100 posts, without repeating yourself. I used to keep a backlog of posts in my head, but now I struggle to generate "new" material.

Then, when you get a returning readership and learn your reader's mindsets, it limits your ability to be completely candid for fear of alienating them, and the assumed responsibility of policing and refereeing your threads becomes a drag.

I see from your blogger profile you are a SRV fan.....me too.

If you can get your hands on a copy of Los Lonely Boys's "Cottonfields and Crossroads".....let me know what you think.

7:24 PM, June 17, 2005  
Blogger Wild Bill said...

Blogging is easy to keep up.. I have belonged to several Yahoo Groups and Emazing Friends and another subsciption type group for about 6 years and have been a driving force in all of them.. Some days we have as many as 300 emails pass back and forth between as many as 50 or 60 people.. Thinkin bout somethin to raise hell about is not one of my problems, but, trying to keep a lid on my tantrums is !! I get such a case of the "chapped ass" that I have to take a breather every now and then.. I spend about 10 to 14 hours a day sometimes/usually here in front of the puter going from one site to another and argueing on my groups.. I got so pissed-off a couple of years ago, at the TV MSM that I disconnected my cable and so now I dont have TV reception and just rent movies or check em out of the library.. I get most of my info/entertainment right off here.. I've an office size fridge right behind me, with cold beer and frosted mugs ready, and aint afraid to use em !! Since your in east Texas, you might consider joining our group on Yahoo .. Its by (mostly) and for (mostly), people and stuff having to do with east Texas.. Seems like there is about 37 or 38 of us now.. They are all a good bunch of folks.. Most of em have some misconcieved notion about blogs, and are scared of em as a snake.. There are bleedin-heart liberals on all of em, and I do my damndest to get their hackles up at least once a day.. Keeps their blood pumpin good.. Anyway, the invatation is open if you want to try it.. Later buddy..

10:01 PM, June 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home